Tuesday, January 15, 2008

T minus 7 days...

...until we find out the sex of baby #2. Yesterday during a conversation with David, I realized that its not just that he thinks he's getting a baby sister, its that he wants a baby sister. Instead of asking him what is in mommy's tummy, I decided to try a different angle...

Me: *Pointing to my tummy* "David, is this Anna, or Wesley?"
David: "Anna"
Me: *Thinking to myself* Huh. I didn't know he could distinguish boys names vs. girls names.
David: "David hold Anna when she comes?"
Me: "Aww, yes David you'll get to hold the baby."
David: "Anna play trains with David?"
Me: "Yeah, I'm sure she would love to play trains with her big brother but she might want you to play dolls with her too...er, um David, would you be upset if you get a baby brother instead?"
David: "Yep."

10 comments:

Amanda said...

LOL! Ok this cracked me up! That is funny --- you think a boy would rather have a boy around? I guess he is too use to all the boys in the family! Can't wait to find out! D is still convinced that "sissy" is a "shark!" Boy is he in for a rude awakening!!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! David will love either one when the baby gets here.

Dallas said...

so cute! well, sutton told me the other day, after seeing her friend's new baby brother, that she wanted a baby brother! ah!!!! hope you're doing well. can't wait to find out your big news!

MBKimmy said...

I love it ... well i know you will love either the same but I hope you get a girl! Maybe I will get a boy and i can send you some cloths and vice versa!

Anonymous said...

wow! you get to find out early this time!! it's usually 20 weeks, no? how awesome. i can't wait to find out, girl.

actually i think i found out with joe when he was 17 weeks. we did that Fetal Foto thing. cool stuff! keep us posted.:)

Chris said...

Too funny!!! I can't wait til you announce it!! We couldn't get a confirmation on Monday as little one had it's feet crossed at the ankles. However when the doctor looked he said he thought MAYBE he saw a little something, something....however he did not want to committ so we're hoping to find out in 3 weeks at my next peri appt!
We have to talk about this when it gets closer but I'd LOVE, LOVE to meet you and your sis at the sale and say hi! We usually go when it opens, hop in line by 11ish or so and then we go to Discover Mills for lunch and hit the clearance at the Carter's store and Children's place. It's a day of shopping galore!

Caitlin said...

I can't wait to hear! That's too cute about David. :)

Bethany said...

Too cute. I can't wait to find out. You HAVE to post that very day - don't leave us in the dark at all, girl. My money's on a girl!!!

Tara said...

I can't wait to find out! I loved hearing David say you had his baby sister in your tummy last week.

Chris said...

I just realized I'll be at Disney the day you find out....GOOD LUCK....can't wait to come back and see your big announcement!