Thursday, July 17, 2008

Beach Trip

Jason had a company trip to Amelia Island, FL for a few days so David, Wesley, my mom, and I decided to tag along and make a "vacation" out of it. A vacation it was not! We couldn't keep both boys happy at the same time, but it was not for lack of trying! I will say this...the change of scenery was nice and it was definitely a "learning experience". Now we know what to do to improve any future family trips.The second to last day of the trip the air conditioning to the condo went out and we were forced to move units. It was soo not fun but it ended up being soo worth it as it was a much nicer place with a much nicer view so we soaked it in as much as we could be before it was time to leave...


Wesley will actually take a pacifier now (with a lot of persuasion ; )
David really enjoyed going to a "big pool" for the first time. Like most kids, the best part about it was jumping off the side into daddy's arms.


Sorry I've been MIA for two weeks-I'm still adjusting to my new life as a mother of two. I am in serious need of a maid! Alas a quote my friend Dallas put on her blog brings me comfort;
"The cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my babies, and babies don't keep."
- Ruth Hulbert Hamilton

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The vacation spot looks wonderfully relaxing but you're much braver than I. I am not sure I'd be packing up after giving birth a month earlier. I hope you were able to relax some too!

Kelly

Goodrow Gang said...

The place looks beautiful. What a mess with the AC. SO sorry to hear about that. Love the pict of Wesley with pacy...his hair makes me smile everytime I see him. I love my Godson...and his adorable brother!

Anonymous said...

Ah, too cute the two of them are. I love Wesley's hair! You were brave to try a vaca so soon. Glad that it looks like there were plenty of good moments to go with the more trying ones too!

Anonymous said...

andrea! wesley is about the cutest thing ever! i love the paci pic. and the vacation spot is gorgeous. oh how i need to get away to the beach.....*sigh* :)

Great pics, girl. Your boys are absolutly gorgeous. but so is their mama so it's no surprise!! :)

katie at cuppajoe

MBKimmy said...

wow the place looks great - glad you had your mom with you ... and that David enjoyed the pool!

Chris said...

Very cool place. I hear it's gorgeous at Amelia. You are Brave though! I bet you have some serious blog stories from that trip.
Wesley is getting so big. Thanks for the toe picture!! Yes, he and Brooke do have that in common!!
Glad you had a little get away and thank you for posting that poem. I NEEDED to read that. I NEED to hang it on my fridge!

The Rempe Family said...

Sorry it was tough. I have a hard time keeping one in line when we travel. Traveling with a toddler seems like more work than relaxation sometimes.

Dallas said...

hey, andrea! i've been mia for a while; we had a virus on our computer. but we're back! sorry your vacation wasn't so relaxing. it looks like a beautiful place though.

The Partins said...

Hey Andrea, I have a favor to ask, can you ask Katie & Cuppajoe to invite me to be a reader of her blog? She has marked it to private and I would like to continue keeping up with her, if she is ok with that. Thanks!

The Partins said...

So I thought I had already commented to your blog a few days ago... Ithink I read and ran. but Wesley is ADORABLE!!! You have the cutest little boys!!! So, do you recommend the C over the V?

Lauren said...

Sorry, I thought I commented on this already, Wesley looks so cute, and David is so brave jumping in the pool!!! Glad the kids were okay away from home...that can be hard!!!

Lauren said...

So, I obviously didn't read it very well...sorry!! I'm sorry the kids weren't so good away from home, I know that can be hard!!