Monday, July 28, 2008

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

We've been so blessed to have so much help lately. On Friday Julie and Amanda came over for a visit and brought the kiddos for a play date. They prepared a delicious lunch and even did the dishes. I was really happy to have some time to socialize, and especially appreciative that David to have someone to play with. The kids spent a lot of time playing in the backyard and the basement. (You'll have to visit Julie and Amanda's blogs for pictures of that. I was feeding Wesley a lot of the time.) I did get some great pictures of the kids at one of our favorite hang outs; the local peach orchard. We bought fresh peaches and as always homemade peach ice cream.

Elena and David just love to hold hands when they walk. Poor Lana seems to be saying "Hey, wait for me!"

All saying "cheese", but none looking at the camera!

Jason says that Ethan needs to teach Wesley how to smile. Its difficult to not get a picture of that kid smiling!

Saturday Matt and Christy came over with their son Drew. They stayed until Monday evening and were truly a huge help! Matt fixed us supper and did some chores around the house. Christy was awesome at helping me take care of the kids. She is a natural with Wesley and he really enjoyed all of her attention. I could see the exhaustion in their faces as they were leaving and I told them it was a good thing they are already expecting baby number 2 (who is affectionately named "deuce" for the time being). They might have changed their minds after all the work they did this weekend! Luckily we did squeeze some fun time in too. Christy and I went shopping for a little while on Saturday and Jason and Matt went fishing on Sunday. Here's two cute pictures of Drew and David...

How dirty boys get clean!

Thanks for your help everyone! I am absolutely humbled by your kindness and generosity.

8 comments:

Chris said...

I hear you girl! My MIL came over today so Mike could work in his office downstairs and I could make phone calls, pay bills, do some laundry etc. It was AWESOME to have someone else for just a few hours dote on the kids. Glad you are getting some more help too...that always means a new blog post! Tee,hee...I put one up tonight too!
I can't believe how big Wesley is already...those smiles will be right around the corner. I'm anxious for some of those out of Brooke too! Take Care!

Goodrow Gang said...

You are most welcome! It is so much fun to be with your family and such a joy to watch the kids play together. The most entertaining was watching Ethan suck on Wesley's hand like it was some lunch. Or maybe it was watching Elena take over the Jeep steering wheel for David? Either way, it is always a good time at your home!

Melanie said...

Looks like you have had some great times with friends. I couldn't do anything when I had both of the girls....I mean NOTHING beside laundry and bottles got done it seemed! Glad that you got some help and David got some playtime. Wesley is about the cutest thing that I have ever seen! I am still lovin' all that hair!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! You must have gone to Thomas Orchards...their ice cream is awesome!! Invite me next time you go! :) The kids are super cute, I can't wait to see David again and meet Wesley!!

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I had no idea about your family living in Germany. I had read several traditions, but I figured I'd go straight to someone who is a true native.

Your boys are precious! Those little pictures of the kids together are as cute as can be. Thanks for keeping us up to date on all your adventures.

The Rempe Family said...

We had a WONDERFUL time at your house. Julie did most of the work as I still have to wait on Lana hand and foot to make sure her little world isn't messed up. She will get more comfortable with David though and free us up. Looks like you had a great time with the Hauerts but I am NOT surprised....tons of fun with them. "Deuce" is pretty cool. (Amanda)

MBKimmy said...

Love the pictures - glad you got some help and even got a small chance to shop! Every girl needs to shop!

Tara said...

I hate that I've been so absent from the blogs. I hope things are good with you. I love all of the pictures. I had no idea Christy and Matt were expecting. Best of luck to them.