Monday, August 24, 2009

The Dirty Thirty

This past Friday was my 30th birthday. Earlier this year I wasn't sure I would even make it to my birthday (after my hospital stay due to kidney failure). Anyway...I was in the mood to really celebrate this one! We planned a kid-free weekend with some friends at Lake Chatuge.

Jason and I on Deacon Bob and family's pontoon boat-thanks for letting us use it for the weekend. It really made the trip soo much more enjoyable.

Jason brought his bass boat too and did some fishing on Saturday morning. Matt is on the family Jet Ski which we also got to use for the weekend!Christy catching up on some important reading-gotta be on her toes to keep "schooling" those students of hers about Georiga football ; )

Ryan and Kristin
Joel and Julie
Matt and Jason


Christy and Becky

Enjoying the upper deck of the dock.

Jason and I lounging on his boat.



A special thanks to the babysitters (aka grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles) of all our kids. We soo appreciate you letting us have some much needed R & R!


9 comments:

Tara said...

Looks like fun. Glad you had a good birthday!

Unknown said...

Fun!!! I got to hang out with Becky's mom and Bobby and Leslie at a birthday party Saturday night. She said they were at the lake with friends, but I had no idea it was for your birthday! Looks like you had a GREAT one!

Kelly G said...

Happy Birthday Andrea! I hope this year is wonderful and a bit less scary health wise :)

Beckman Bulletin said...

It was a wonderful time filled with a lot of R & R and laughs. I have not laughed that much in years. Thanks for sharing your birthday with us.

MBKimmy said...

How awesoem that everyone made out to make it possible ... and Happy Birthday!

Julie Tiemann said...

Happy Birthday, Andrea! So glad you got to get away!!!

angela said...

Happy Birthday! What a way to celebrate! So glad that you are feeling so much better.

Sarah said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday! I didn't know that you knew Ryan and Kristin... they are so sweet!

Goodrow Gang said...

Wa-hoo! Loved the Lake Party fun! We had a blast. Looking forward to another trip. Need to laugh that much more than once a year:)