Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our Beach Vacation

Well, its been awhile, huh? Sorry about that. I do have an excuse for one week of my absence...our beach vacation to Panama City! First we stopped to see Mr. Wesley and Miss Kriss in Bainbridge for a few days.
David felt right at home with Charlie's Dawg's daddy Chip!

While there, David caught his first Striper Bass. Oh how his grandaddy would have loved this picture. His best friend and his grandson together holding up the latter's prize catch ; ) Trip-thanks so much for taking David fishing. Please come visit/stay with us if you make it to a UGA game anytime soon.

Then we were given the keys to their beach condo and told to enjoy our week. How generous they are! We are so blessed to have them as friends.

We visited the beach and the pool 2x a day every day for a week. In between naps and feedings of course ; ) We lathered the kids up with sunscreen so many times that I grew tiresome of it. David must have too though because he asked "why don't we just put sunscreen on the sun?". I like his logic!

Little Wesley much preferred the pool to the crashing salty waves of the ocean!
His future's so bright...
We had many a morning coffee and an evening drink out on the balcony.
When at home on the lake David likes to play this game called "Daddy can your boat pass that boat"? Well, David got to ride jet ski's twice on the trip. Once with Mr. Wesley in the flint river and once in the gulf. When he was riding with Jason in the ocean he wanted daddy to try to catch up and pass the "Sea Screamer" boat (this kid is destined to get speeding tickets in twelve years) Unfortunately the jet ski's just weren't fast enough.

A few days later Jason decided to take him on that infamously fast Sea Screamer boat. He said it was money well spent.
I'LL SAY! They got to see Dolphins up close!

These next two pictures are for you Grandma...
David had no fear going to the "tip top top" twenty third floor and peering over the balcony. I'll admit even my knees were a little weak!
The last night just before sunset I decided to try out the timer on my camera. We were able to get two decent family pictures.


What a relaxing vacation it was. Thanks sooo much Mr. Wesley and Ms. Kriss. Hard to believe it topped our last trip there, but it most certainly did! That is the longest vacation Jason and I have ever had! Jason anxiously awaits his next quail hunting trip to Bainbridge.

14 comments:

Goodrow Gang said...

WOW! Your pictures are fabulous...ALL of them. I love the sunscreen comment. Sounds like something Elena would say. The pictures of the dolphins up close...you could win a prize for that one. You and your husband are looking fabulous in your swimsuits on the beach (you are DEFINATELY a member of the Hot Wives Coffee Club:) The family pictures, just precious! So glad you all had such a great time. You deserved every second of the enjoyment AND MORE after the year you guys have had.

angela said...

You got some really great photos! I wish I was on the beach right now. I know exactly what you mean about the sunscreen....but we did not have one person with a sunburn so I guess we really can not complain. I love the family shots. Frame those.

Anonymous said...

You all look so relaxed and happy. Beautiful family picture. I'd have one of them framed. Glad you had a wonderful time. Tommy and Lisa gave birth to Emily Loren on Monday, Aug. 10. 8 lbs. 6 oz. 20 inches. As all grandmas would agree their grandchild is the most beautiful. Love ya, Chris

Anne said...

What a great trip you had! I love the one of David and the fish! And I have to say that you look great in a bikini! I guess I need to get my butt in gear! I laughed when I read about the sunscreen comment :)

Tara said...

Hey Hot Mama! I just sent you an email asking where you were. It looks like a fastastic trip. Have you tried the spray on sunscreen? I love that stuff. I got so tired of reapplying the lotion all the time. It also looks like you got a great tan. I'm jealous and need another vacation myself!

Unknown said...

Wow, it sounds like fun was had by all! And yes, you make me sick in your bikini! You still look like you did when we were in high school! Sick sick sick.... :-D
Now, to answer your question from my blog-I am in school to finish my degree in Elementary Education. I got pregnant with the twins right before I was finished(yes, I took a LONG time!), so I am determined to finish this time!

Julie Tiemann said...

Great photos! I must say I'm pretty jealous of your good beach experience... Hope we'll have one of those ourselves one day! (An attempt a couple of months ago didn't go so well...)

And I have to echo the others - you're one hot mama in your bikini!

Becky said...

Lookin good Andrea! Glad you had such a nice vacation. You deserve it after the year you've had! The boys look adorable. :)

melanie said...

Aw, it looks like you all had a fabulous time! I love the David stories. Kids do say that darndest things! Pictures were fabulous. You are certainly the perfect "Royal Family!"

Lara said...

Wow, these are great photos! Your family looks so beautiful and I know you guys really needed that so much this year, so I am so happy for you! Great to see you all doing well and enjoying life!!There is nothing like a good beach vacation to make it all better! :) Love you sis!

Lauren said...

great pics!! Glad you all had a great family vacay!!! We finally had one last month, as well----you look awesome BTW---wish mine were as good ;) We were covered in sunscreen every time we went out and none of us got burned--very happy about that! Call me soon--I want to take you to lunch sometime soon for your b-day--anything special planned for the big 3-0???

Katy S. said...

Looks like so much fun! Gald to see you!!!

Bethany said...

What a beautiful family you have!!! And girl - you're looking HOT!!!

Kriss said...

What great pictures! I'm impressed with your camera skills especially with the dolphins. We're so glad you enjoyed it; I just wish we could have joined you and gotten to see the boys playing on the beach. Maybe next year.
Take care and we hope to see you soon.
Kriss