Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Adventures in Potty Training

David woke up bright and early at 6 am this morning and wouldn't you know today our coffee maker quit working too. I decided it would be a good day to go out to breakfast. So off we went to McDonald's. We got our food and sat down to eat. The only table available was right near the restroom. David watched men and women go in and out while he was eating. Halfway through the meal, he decided he needed to go too...

David: "Mommy, I need to go potty."
Me:*Getting up* "Okay, let's go." *Heading towards the women's restroom*
David: *Pulling me towards the men's restroom* "No mommy, that's the ladies room."

Say what?!?! This kid is too smart for his own good! I thought it would be at least another year or so before we had this conversation!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

dang girl! david's potty training expertise puts Joe to shame! my boy was 3 and a half before he finally got it. so i am definitly impressed!!!

Katie

Melanie said...

Too cute! Luckily I won't have that problem!

Unknown said...

How funny! I still say I am sending D to you for a week or two to get "trained!" He still is not ready and wants NO part of it! Hopefully he will GET IT before Kindergarten! :)
Amanda

Angela said...

That is great that he is getting it so quickly. Would you like to take Luke for a week and potty train him??? ;).

Chris said...

That is so funny! Guess you're going to have to just announce yourself in the men's room. "WOMAN ON DECK" LOL!

I am going to FREAK the day Mike tells me he had to walk Linds in the men's room. We've had many a conversation about all that. The whole idea of the public potty situation freaks me out! At least if she's not with me.

The Partins said...

That's a tough one....He is a smart one!

Tara said...

That is funny! I can't even imagine what I would do.

MBKimmy said...

That is so funny! I lol!

Becky said...

Patrick has to use the boys room half the time (at school and when Daddy's with us) and the girls room the other half (when he's with me)...one of these days he's going to get confused!!!

I'll be sending Ben to you as well. He has no interest in pee-peeing in the potty, nor do I have any interest in starting that whole mess again! I feel like I just did that with Patrick!