Monday, April 14, 2008

Gone Fishin'

Saturday evening Jason and I went to a couples baby shower. David could have come along but the cough and congestion he's had off and on for a month had gotten worse. I know he would have loved to play with his friends, but as a mom I also knew that I wouldn't want someone else to bring a sick child to play with mine. (I'm thankful I made that decision because I took David to the doctor today and he has a sinus infection.) Oma and Pop were so kind to babysit for us. Upon his arrival to their house David told my parents that his daddy had taken him shopping earlier that day and he picked out his very own fishing rod. Jason and I were both surprised at his choice. They have lots of rods with characters on them but he wanted this one...

...because of the extra tackle that came with it. Also, it probably looks more like one of the many his daddy has. Jason plans to take him on his first fishing trip sometime in the next week or so. Before we left, my dad reminded us of the rod he still had in the garage that my sister and I used as kids. While we were gone Pop decided to give David a casting lesson.

Pop sent the above pic via e-mail to us on Sunday which read, "Here [is] the...[picture] of David as he practiced casting in our kitchen on Saturday. He only made two granny knots in the line of the several dozens of times he cast the plug and reeled it back. He was perfectly content with that activity except that he wanted a response each time when, as he began reeling, he would say 'I got one; I got a fish !' "

Speaking of fish,I thought I would post a pic of the bedding I bought for Wesley off ebay express... ...the nursery isn't quite put together yet, but I will post pics of that when it is finished. It will be pretty simple. No new paint, just new pictures. I've only bought one so far. Fishing nursery decor is really hard to find!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

how awesome is your dad!? I love that he did that with David. what amazing grandparents that kid has. i absolutly love the pic of him sitting in the chair with the fishing rod.

and the bedding is great, girl. i'll keep an eye out for nursery fishing stuff too.

Katie at CuppaJoe

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love that David wants to be just like his Daddy. And the bedding that you got Wesley is beyond cute! I love it! It is very original and has great colors.

MBKimmy said...

Love that! It will be cute in the room! Good luck with the pictures!

Anonymous said...

That is great the David wants to be like his dad! Your dad is great to let him play with your old rod in the house. After all that practice he will be ready for the trip with Daddy!
The bedding is great! It is very simple and cute.

Unknown said...

Hey girl! We need to get the boys together! :) I love the bedding. Check Pottery Barn Kids -- I remember seeing fish bedding in their catalog I got last week.

Tara said...

I love the picture of David fishing and Wesley's bedding is super cute.

Chris said...

The baby bedding is very cute. I'll keep my eye out for you and let you know if I see something good!
I can't believe you're ticker either! WOW...our time will be here soon!!!!