Thursday, December 18, 2008

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Here is Charlie Brown, Er, David in front of our Christmas Tree. Since Jason is a registered forester, there is no question that we have to get a real tree every year. This year's tree is actually kinda like the one Charlie Brown picked out. Its pretty skinny and it leans to one side. Jason wanted to go to the tree farm near our house, but I told him we should wait until next year when Wesley can join in the fun too.
These stockings are new this year. I cashed in some of my pampers rewards points for a gift card to L.L. Bean so I only paid half price for these!



Actually, all of my Christmas decorations were bought at 50% off one year or another! I just refuse to pay full price for much of anything.

I love nutcrackers. I would really like to expand my collection.

A friend of ours gave us this musical carousel. It plays lots of different Christmas songs. Both boys are just mesmerized by this when its on. The only thing I haven't been able to buy at half price after Christmas is outdoor decorative lighting. One of these years I am just gonna have to splurge on that!

10 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

Pampers reward points? Gotta get hooked up with that! Off to google... Thanks for the tip!

Andrea said...

^Oh yeah Julie, its been great for a gal like me who is brand loyal to pampers. Just go to pampers.com to sign up. I have gotten a leggo toy airplane, free prints off of shutterfly and l.l.bean gift cards!

Unknown said...

I can't say I've had good luck with the pampers reward site -- I entered a bunch in a few weeks back and have 4 more to enter, and it won't bring me to a screen to enter the codes -- just asks me to login. I do and then it makes me keep logging in! :( Love the Charlie Brown shirt -- our neighbor has that one for their baby Hayden! Your Christmas cards were cute! Miss you guys!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

I love that Charlie Brown shirt David has. I didn't know you had that. Everything looks great!

Andrea said...

^Lara-hey sis! We just got it a few weeks ago from Target. I wish they had a snoopy one is Wesley's size!

Tara said...

Lowe's has all of their christmas decorations and lights at 50% off. You can try there for lights. I love half price myself. Cute shirt and stockings too!

MBKimmy said...

I am off to read about Pampers rewards too! Thanks!

Love the post - we cut so many corners this year ... didn't even put up outside lights ... I am too tired ... maybe next eyar!

Anonymous said...

I love David's shirt and the stockings....and I sooo agree about the 50% off Christmas decor! The only stuff that I didn't buy on sale were the things that I got my first year in my house.

Katy S. said...

I love al the decor. Mine is so slim. Andrea was so sweet to hook me up with a christmas tree hand towel. LOVE IT!!

Goodrow Gang said...

Those place mats are adorable! My favorite picture is Charlie Brown in front of the Charlie Brown tree (which looks like a very good tree to me!). Merry Christmas!