Tuesday, March 17, 2009

You Never Know Where One Might Be...

Last week we took full advantage of the good weather and spent a lot of time outside. Good thing we did since we just had three days straight of rain! Amanda and Lana even joined us for a play date one day. We took the kids to the river park in our neighborhood.
We walked the nature trail. There was a lot to see too! Amanda pointed out where she could tell a mole had come through by some disturbed dirt. There were lots of down trees from the recent snow storm so it was a bit of an obstacle course at times. We saw some deer and two king fisher's.
Charlie of course had a grand ole time swimming, and...

David showed Lana the art of throwing rocks into the river. The temperature was perfect so we spent a few good hours there just letting the kids be kids. Shortly after we got home though, Amanda spotted a tick on Lana, so I did a once over on David but I didn't find anything. Later that evening after his bath, I found a tick behind his ear! It must have been in his hair (even though I looked there as best as I could) and then it crawled down to his ear. It sure does remind me of that Brad Paisley song ; )

I couldn't resist posting this picture of Wesley on St. Patrick's Day. We took him to the ENT last week and he does in fact need tubes. His surgery/procedure is later this month. Continue to keep us in your prayers!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Poor Wesley... I hope the tube surgery goes well but keep us updated. Cute pictures! I love that Brad Paisley song too!

Katy S. said...

We just got the same news about tubes. They said it About a month before Leah arrived so we had put it in the back burner. He had not had an infection till last month and has not gone away. We are on steroids first to see if it will help.We go back in 3 months so see. I am not digging the idea of even minor surgery Derrick, well not yet.

Goodrow Gang said...

Ticks...little nasty blood theives... I can't stand those things. My little leprechaun
Godson! What a cutie!

Matt, Christy, Drew, and Natalie said...

Must be tick-feeding season b/c Drew had one last week, too! Tubes were the best thing ever for Drew, so try to rest easy! Spring break is almost here- we need to schedule a visit!

Julie Tiemann said...

Oooh, glad you found the tick!

Super cute photo of Wesley. I'm sorry to hear about the tubes...

I'm glad you're getting up and about these days - hopefully after Wesley's tubes go in you guys will have some healthy years ahead!!

Bethany said...

Oh, poor Wesley! As horrible as it sounds, the procedure is very routine and he will never even remember it. I had tubes like 6 times when I was a kid!!! And hey, that should be fewer ear infections!!! Keep us posted!

Becky said...

Awww, poor Wesley. On the plus side he is so cute! he really looks a lot like you.

Rempe said...

I am FINALLY reading blogs for the first time since it snowed in March! This was such a fun day! Thanks!