Monday, April 27, 2009

Which is bigger - the fish or the smile?

David spends Saturday morning's like any normal 3 yr old ... watching fishing shows with his Daddy. He get's so into them he even asks Daddy to rewind parts so he can watch them catch the fish again. This naturally progressed into wanting to do this himself so a few weekends ago David and Daddy went fishing on a local farm pond.

David's first Fish ....

The next weekend David asked to go again, so they went to a new pond and David landed his MPB (My Personal Best). ....


After several hours of fishing, and after all the worms were gone, David was found on the bank refusing to go home and casting the rod out all by himself with an empty hook - saying just one more cast Daddy. It was only after his Daddy told him that all the fish had gone to sleep that he finally conceded, and went home.

Given the last few weekends, his Daddy is convinced there will be life after his prosperous NFL career, as a professional fisherman on the Bassmaster's tour....

(Guest writer - Jason)

10 comments:

Becky said...

well, he seems to be darn good at it!

Beckman Bulletin said...

Way to go, David. I will never forget my first fishing trip with my grandfather. I was just like David, I did not want to go home.
The smile is priceless. Great guest blogger.

Julie Tiemann said...

That's awesome!! Talk about quality time with daddy!

The Partins said...

Bigger than any fish I ever caught! Way to go Kiddo!

Tara said...

Great story. David looks so happy!

melanie said...

Too, too cute!!! Oh the joys of little boys!

Anne said...

What a happy boy! That smiley face melts your heart! You know...there is a Wii fishing game that I got for Brent. It even comes with a rod extender for the remote. David might like it when he gets older!

Matt, Christy, Drew, and Natalie said...

Way to go, David! I hope you'll teach Drew your skills one day soon!

Stacey said...

Hey girl! Thanks for checking in with me! HOW ARE YOU?? I am trying hard to get in the groove of things. THere are good days and bad. But I can't make the grieving process go any faster. Hope all is well!

The Rempe Family said...

Lana loves fishing too! We will have to get them together for that! I am jealous over his MPB! Is that trout?