Monday, November 19, 2007

Questions Answered

Thanks for all of your well wishes. We've known for a month now, but we wanted to tell our family first, which we did on family picture day. (A special thanks to Caron for the picture she took that I used in the last post.) I actually hadn't planned on announcing this so soon here, as I wanted to wait for my first ultrasound to make sure everything was going well. The group that delivered David didn't perform the first ultrasound until 10-12 weeks. We've moved since David was born so I needed to change doctors. My first appointment was today and to my surprise they did an ultrasound. Apparently this group performs three ultrasounds, and I'm pretty happy about that! My due date is June 30th, but due to complications from David's delivery, and the surgery I had to have as a result, I will have a scheduled c-section during week 39. So far this pregnancy has been very different from the first. Although I was tired last time, it is very much magnified by the fact that I am also taking care of a two year old this time. Also, I am very nauseated almost all day long. I did not experience this at all with David, and I am really hoping that it goes away after the first trimester. We will find out the sex, as long as the baby cooperates with us!

11 comments:

Tara said...

I'm late on the congrats post but Congrats! I hope your nausea gets better soon. I hope you have a very happy and healthy 9 months!

Caron said...

hey... did you see the little ;) on my 'mommies to be post'... that was for you, girl!!!

Becky said...

Okay, now I am completely understanding your e-mail. When I read it I didn't realize that you changed your template TODAY. I thought you meant a few months ago and I didn't know what you were talking about with the ticker. I'm clueless! Anyway yes, change is good and I like the green.

I almost outed you the other day on your thankful post. I was going to say something about eyesight not being so good during pregnancy!! Caught myself just in time...I'm glad we can discuss it freely now!

One more thing...my birthday is June 25th, just in case the doctor's free that day... ;)

Anonymous said...

Girl, that c-section is just what the doctor ordered. good call there. you know i'll be having to do the same if there ever is another lil' one in my future. ya nevah know! all this baby madness is sending my ovaries into a tizzy, man!! so, we'll see...;)

I am so excited for you and Jason and David. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon. I was sick more with Luke (second baby). Their pregnancys were so different and so where their deliveries.
Kade-easy pregnancy-10hr labor
Luke-hard pregnancy 3hr labor
Alex-easy pregnancy-10 hr labor(because I had a crappy nurse who would not follow doctors orders with the pitocin once my doc got there and got it all straghtened out she was born 1hr later.) Can not wait to find out if baby #2 is a girl or boy. My b-day is June 26th!!!

Amanda said...

Congrats!!! Ummm, I can't do math, so I just want to make sure...week 39 won't be before May 17, will it??? Cuz, well, that would be problematic:) I've already got a game plan for your dress.

Chris said...

Lindsay's bday is June 20!!! Since we seem to already have a pool going on. Congrats again. I hope the nausea clears up for you. When I had it with Lindsay it magically disappeared at 13 weeks. I hope that happens for you! Maybe it's a girl thing WINK, WINK!!
Take Care of yourself!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you guys! David looks so proud in his Big Brother shirt!

Melanie said...

I hope that you get to feeling better very soon Andrea! Can't wait to find out if David is going to have a little bro or a little sis!

Amanda said...

My first experience with a C-section was wonderful! I went in smiling with my makeup just perfect and came out of the OR within 30 min smiling even bigger and still wearing my makeup! Your pregnancy patterns are following mine -- so I say you have Marleigh's little girlfriend on board! :)

MBKimmy said...

OMG I missed David's announcement ... Congratulations! I know you are excited! YEAH!