Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thankful

I've been tagged by Katie once again! Since Chris said it so eloquently I'm gonna go ahead and quote her on the rules ..."I'm supposed to blog 7 things I'm Thankful for this season. I'm guessing from the few I've read we're supposed to give 7 random things other than the obvious traditional ones. So you all know how thankful I am for my {handsome son}, my loving husband and our supportive family...so here is the fun stuff..." (Thanks for that Chris!)


1. I'm thankful for our new mattress. It rocks. I don't toss and turn like I used to and I don't wake up with a sore back either. Getting a good night's sleep is priceless.


2. I'm thankful for my awesome hairdresser Desi. I trust her completely. She has never once given me a bad cut or color and I've been going to her for 7 years now. We have such a good relationship that she has even opened her salon just for me on a Saturday she was supposed to be closed. Also, she will often stay late or rearrange her whole schedule just to get me in. I consider her a very good friend.


3. I'm thankful for sweet tea. My drink of choice, although lately I've been ordering a lot of 1/2 sweet 1/2 unsweet to cut back on the sugar. I'm thankful my mom taught me how she made it for me growing up (and still tries to have some on hand when we come visit). I'm thankful my mother-in-law showed me how to make a glass of sweet tea when you happen to go somewhere that doesn't serve it (oh the insanity). Ask for a cup of hot tea and a glass of ice. Put your sugar in it while its hot. Once its done steeping pour it into the ice. Pure Genius. I often use this method at home just to make a single glass for myself.


4. I'm thankful for any and all swiffer products. They make cleaning so much easier.


5. I'm thankful I live where I live. Stores may be a few more miles away than it is for most people, but it takes me the same amount of time to get there as traffic here might be just one more car on the road.

6. I'm thankful that for now I still have 20/20 vision.
7. I'm thankful the invention of the microwave. I don't know how I would survive without it.

7 comments:

Caron said...

Very nice, Andrea! The 'Swiffer' thing cracks me up though. My whole house needs a good 'Swifferin'

Oh, and I second that on your #5! People just don't understand that at all! They think I live sooooo far away from... well... everything and wonder WHY bytt they never actually realize that THERE-IS-NO-TRAFFIC-HERE!!! HA!

Anonymous said...

yeah, ole paulie sure is thankful for the microwave too. hehe. :)

I love my hairdresser too. Charlotte knows more about me than my freaking therapist! Ha! she listens to all my shizz. love her for it!

Thanks for playing along! You're a good sport,girl! Love ya for it. :)

Becky said...

I think we are ALL thankful for sweet tea! Yummy!

The Partins said...

I get 8 calls every morning before 7:00 from people at work asking if I've had the baby yet... then my parents call around 8:00... then my sis-in-law at 9:30. This happens everyday. I'm trying to be thankful that people care but by golly... I want the baby OUT!!! I've loved having her in there and all but it's time! :-) hehe.

Chris said...

That's a great list Andrea! Glad I was inspiring and thanks for the props! I have to agree and add Sweet Tea and Swiffer's to my list! Oh my gosh, the long pole with the swiffer duster to get the cob webs on the ceiling and the corners...LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Caitlin said...

I love my hairstylist as well! I loved sweet tea before I found out that I was diabetic! Now I drink it with Splenda and its just not the same. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you about the mattress (since we have the same one), Desi (also the same stylist :), and the swiffer products!! I love them all! Also, thanks for the tip on the sweet tea prep. I think I'll try that at home sometime when I need to make a single glass too.