Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

Just like memorial day last year, we decided it would be a good day to spend at the house in the pool. I'm sorry to say that last year's pool didn't make it over the winter. Charlie found it in the garage and chewed a hole in it. Its just as well though as I grew frustrated with it last summer as it took forever to get all of the pieces blown up-even with an air pump! Plus, it was hard to store as it would still be wet and have grass clippings on it once we were finished using it for the day and all of the air was out of it.


David trying to smile with the sun in his eyes while sporting his crab swim trunks.

The new pool!


Waiting for the water to warm up.

Charlie thinking about getting in...
...but deciding its better as a giant water dish.
Trying out the slide...
...and making some wake!


We sure did have a fun weekend, but it ended abruptly. Monday night David woke up about an hour into his sleep hysterically crying and coughing at the same time. It took us a while to calm him down but eventually he climbed back in his bed and went to sleep. He was restless the rest of the night and with each breath in and out it sounded like a combination moan/wheeze. Needless to say I was worried sick about him and didn't get much rest. Jason ended up sleeping in his room on the floor so I could relax enough to fall asleep. David woke up yesterday morning saying he felt fine but he had a barking cough. Then he spiked a fever and seemed to grow more and more lethargic as the day went on. I took him to the doctor and found out he has the croup and an ear infection! My Poor Baby!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I sure am glad that little David got some good play time in the pool this weekend before he got sick. The pics are adorable. It is hard to see your little one sickly. I hope that he feels better really soon!

MBKimmy said...

oh my I hope that he gets better asap! I really hate it when they are sick it is so so sad! GOOD LUCK -
PS LOVE THE PICTURES!

Tara said...

The pictures are great. That pool looks awesome. I hope David gets to feeling better soon. Poor thing! I hope you are doing well too!

Goodrow Gang said...

It looks like David likes the pool...I know where we will be bringing David so you can have even more R&R once Wesley arrives. Elena loves to have a playmate at her big pool. I'm so sorry you and Jason had that scare. I can't wait to hear that David is all better!

Dallas said...

i'm sorry that david is sick like that. now i know what our parents meant when they would say they'd rather be hurt than have us hurting. never made sense to me...until now. hope he feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

that picture of Charlie with one paw over the side of the pool is awesome! i could so work my special effects with that pic! haha! :)

glad you had a good weekend. i like that pool.

and Joe has had that barking cough for over a week now! he sounds like a dadgum seal all day!

katie at cuppajoe

Anonymous said...

Poor Guy! Know the feeling Luke had the same thing last week and now I have strep and a stuffy nose. Oh the joys of parenthood. He looks adorable in his bathing suit and crocs. Where did you get that pool?

Andrea said...

Angela- I'm so sorry to hear that-what a way to start your summer, huh? The pool came from wal-mart.

Chris said...

I'm late on this but I hope David is feeling better now!