Thursday, September 25, 2008

Adults Say The Darndest Things

I had an experience just the oppostie of Caron today. I was at a store today when this conversation took place...

Random Lady:*Looking at Wesley* "How old is your baby?"
Me: "Three months"
Random Lady:"Oh, is it a girl?"
Me:*Thinking to myself, can't you see he is wearing blue?* "No, its a boy."
Random Lady: "Oh! I bet people come up to you all the time and tell you what a beautiful girl that is!"

Say What?!?! Didn't her mother teach her that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all?!?! My only thought is that she said that because my son has a lot of hair? And no, I don't hear that all the time thank you very much!

8 comments:

Dallas said...

ha! ha! andrea, sutton had a ton of hair as a baby, and i would dress her in pink, and people would still say, "oh, what a cute boy!" people just don't think sometimes.

Anonymous said...

You should have told the nice lady that anyone with any sense at all would know that IF your baby was a girl with all of that beautiful hair then there would have been a big bow in it FOR SURE!!!!!


Jeez lady!

Becky said...

Geez, for real...could there be a bigger clue than the BLUE CLOTHES!????! What a freak!

The Partins said...

I hate it when people ask me why I dress my little boy in pink... um, HELLO!!! When did hair length reflect gender?!?!?!

Julie Tiemann said...

Why are people so thoughtless? I had hoped those kind of comments would stop after I wasn't pregnant anymore (could there be anything worse than commenting on a pregnant woman's weight?!), but I guess clueless people abound at every stage, huh?

Goodrow Gang said...

If God Mommy had been there...I would not have had anything nice to say back to her at all! But she wouldn't make that mistake again when I was done.

Chris said...

everyone thinks Brooke is a boy because of all the hair and the color...go figure! People have NO CLUE!

MBKimmy said...

THE LADY HAD TO BE OLD ... HAHA OLD PEOPLE ALWAYS MESS IT UP - AT WALLYWORLD THE OTHER DAY TATUM DRESSED FROM HEAD TO TOE IN PINK OLD MAN SAID "HE IS SO CUTE, HOW OLD IS HE? HEY LITTLE FELLA YOU WANT A SUCKER" I REALLY LOL REALLY LOUD AND WALKED AWAY!