Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hunger Strike

Wednesday we had a play date scheduled with Amanda, Davis, and Marleigh. It didn't quite go as I had expected. Wesley decided to go on a hunger strike which worried me sick! This is the second bout we've had with him resisting eating. He fed at 2 am and didn't eat again until 2 pm-that's 12 hours without a feeding! He's never gone that long between feedings (and certainly never during the day when he is awake) I tried everything and I was in constant communication with Jason and the doctors office. All the while Amanda was watching David along with her own two kids as I tried, tried, and tried again to feed Wesley. Poor girl thought we were going to have a play date but instead she ended up being my babysitter! I snapped these quick photos of the kids when we were walking them out to the car. David and Davis loved running through the grass barefoot! I can't say I blame them, that is one of my favorite things to do too.

I finally got to meet miss Marleigh too although I didn't get to hold her as much as I would have liked. She loves to smile and has the sweetest disposition. What a cutie!

Here is a recent pic of Wesley who is giving me a lot of premature grey hairs lately! He's been seen twice now about his lack of appetite and both times he checked out fine. They have told me both times they think it is probably just a stomach bug. It is possible since David had one last week too...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Awww! So cute! I need to download my pictures! :) We had a blast == no worries! I am just so happy Wesley is on the mend again! :)

Chris said...

I know that must be making you crazy. I can't believe how cute he is! He and Brooke with all that hair....so funny!

The Partins said...

I can't imagine Jamie going that long without eating... Hope Wesley is doing better and stops giving mommy grey hairs!