Friday, September 19, 2008

School Update

David is still doing really well at school. He doesn't cry anymore when I drop him off, and at home he is a more confident/independent child! He has even been rewarded with candy for good behavior! His teachers tell me that he is not that into art and crafts as showcased below...



...but that he loves music and songs. In fact he often sings the songs he learned at school when playing at home. At first I thought "criss cross applesauce" was part of a song, but my teacher friends told me that is how they get the kids to sit down on the floor (I guess saying Indian style isn't politically correct anymore ; ) The other day he was singing "and that's what its all about" and I could tell they did the hokey pokey that day. I'm guessing his favorite thing about mothers morning out is playing outside, which they do at the end of the day as long as the weather permits. Thursday when I picked him up I noticed his hands were dirty so we washed them before leaving. Then when I was buckling him in his car seat I noticed his knees were dirty too. I asked him how he got so dirty and he said "Mommy, I don't like Emma L. She pushed me on the playground." And so the life lessons begin...

9 comments:

Amanda said...

D isn't much for coloring either! I guess that's the "boy" in them! :)

Chris said...

That is so cute. Lindsay much prefers to sing and do entertainment stuff too...though she likes her colors as well. LOL~
Love the playgroung story...

Becky said...

That cracks me up that there are so many Emmas now that they have to do the whole "Emma L." thing! I specifically remember when I was little, we had numerous David and Bens!

Ben colors like that too. Patrick used to, but he grew out of it. I can't imagine any of them really have the attention span for it...

Andrea said...

^I know Becky, he has two Emma's in his class; Emma C. and Emma L. It makes me sad it is such a "trendy" name now and that David doesn't like Emma L. because that was/is my maternal grandmother's name.

The Partins said...

Love the pictures. too funny.
And thank for the birth announcement! It is so cute!!

Melanie said...

Loved the birth announcement. Many thanks!

Don't worry. Until about 2 months ago Morgan NEVER colored and if she did it was just like David picture....1 or 2 lines, and she only ever used 1 color! But now she loves to color and everything looks like a rainbow!!

Katy S. said...

Music and singing are far more fun than a box of crayola crayons any day!!

Anonymous said...

Luke also is not into coloring. Surprise...something else they have in common.

Tara said...

Glad to see that David is doing well in school, even if artwork isn't his thing. Unfortunately for me, Evan is very into art, still. Too bad his canvas is my house!