Sunday, July 30, 2006

Dancing David

David "slept in" this morning* so we couldn't make it to 9 a.m mass at our local parish. Instead we went to the collegiate evening mass in the classic city. Jason and I have had a running joke about how the choir at our local parish is um, musically challenged...Jason likes to say mtv needs to "pimp our choir". Case in point...they went to great lengths to tell the congregation we were only going to sing verses 2 and 4 of the closing song...the congregation sings the correct verses; the choir begins with verse one. Apparently we weren't the only ones who notice. The collegiate praise band was incredible! David bounced up and down and waved his hands all around to every song! This is another first-it was so cute!


*David usually wakes up at 6:30 a.m. but he "slept in" until 7:30 a.m. Before David I wouldn't consider this sleeping in...now I do.


Other weekend news: From a previous post you could see Jason likes to feed the deer that come to our yard every morning and evening. One of the doe's was pregnant. She dropped two fawns and they came to visit for the first time yesterday.

5 comments:

Becky said...

My father-in-law told me that they almost always have two fawns and they are usually one boy and one girl. Just a little tidbit. How sweet that you get to view them daily. I went to Berry College, where there are 8 deer for every student. The deer gor real old, real fast, but now I miss seeing them again.

Andrea said...

Becky-that is neat...I didn't know they almost always "drop" two. My sister went to Berry for two years and I had forgotten about all those deer...

Andrea said...

Katie-I'm pretty sure deer "labor" as well...I can't imagine "dropping" two is easy! One of Jason's favorite shows is "pimp my ride"

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it is about time for Oma and David to start dancing together.

Andrea said...

Yes mom and you know just the song..."remember when"!