Sunday, October 15, 2006

Oma's Birthday and Oktoberfest

Lara, Oma, David, and yours truly

Bier, bratwurst, lederhosen, and polka

Yesterday was Oma's (grandma in german) birthday. After having another fun day of shopping with the girls we headed to Basket Bakery restaurant to celebrate with the rest of the family. Oktoberfest is in full swing and mom wanted to get back to her german roots. Not only do I come from german descent, but my parents lived in Germany for a few years before my sister and I were born. I love you mom and Alles Gute zum Geburstag!

8 comments:

Becky said...

Ah, the good old Basket Bakery! Jessica used to work there and I have heard some horror stories about the owners Hilde and Klaus. Yikes! Food is good, though. Happy b-day Oma!

Becky said...

Oh, yeah...I was reading Woman's Day in the checkout line today and it said that of you like Peanut M&Ms that means you are organized. If you like candy corn (like me), then you are energetic. I didn't have time to read why, but I thought of you!!!!

Andrea said...

Haha Becky! I do like to be organized, but alas I am not always that way...

All My Love said...

How awesome! Looks like a great time! Maybe we'll see you at Goldrush!

Anonymous said...

I did work at the Basket Bakery forever ago! And yes, Hilde & Klaus were royal pains in the rears, but it was a learning experience! They have a fantastic brunch, though!

Andrea said...

Katie-the shirt came from Target and the pants came from Old Navy

Jessica-just like your mom I LOVE the basket bakery special off their brunch menu

Amanda said...

That looks like such a fantastic day!!! This is my favorite month and I've been couped up recovering. No more! Now I gotta hit a festival or two after seeing all the blog posts!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Oma!!! Andrea, I left you a message but will try to call in the morning too! Little Italy at 1:45 sound good??? I'm looking forward:)