Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

The family

Ladies in Lavender (this was not planned)

Howdy
So long Partner

"Mama*, its stuck!"


I'd like to tell you we gave David his Easter bag this morning, but really this was just before he went to bed.

A new outfit and a Thomas The Train book and DVD (To quote Ben who gave the understatement of the day "David really loves choo-choo's")

*David finally said "mama" a handful of times last Saturday-I was hesitant to post about it and rightfully so because the next day he acted like he never heard the word. Over this week he went from calling me what sounding something like "nana" to calling me a very clear "mama" again. What can I say? I'm elated!

I set my alarm this morning but somehow I woke up an hour late. I'm not sure if I turned it off half-asleep or if I just didn't set it correctly. There was still plenty of time to get to church, I just had to cut out the morning's Easter festivities. After mass we grabbed some coffee and headed to Granny's house and visited with her and Godmother Carol. It was short but sweet. Next we headed to Oma and Pop's house and had a delicious feast. Honey Baked Ham, yeast rolls, deviled eggs, potato salad, strawberry shortcake...need I say more? We visited for awhile but soon it was time to go back home where David finally opened up his presents. Happy Easter Everyone!

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Andrea, glad to hear we weren't the only ones runny late this morning. Oliva too had to open her Easter Basket after her afternoon nap because there was no time before church. Cute pics, and hope you have a blessed Easter Evening.

Anonymous said...

Love the cowboy hat. Doesn't your heart just want to burst when they finally say mama. Congrats and Happy Easter.

Melanie said...

Your family is so cute. I am excited for you finally being dubbed Mama! David looks very cute and I love the hat!

The Partins said...

David is growing up so FAST!!! He is SUCH a cutie!

I should have read my comments page sooner... as you can see from my blog, today was a BAD morning.
:-)

Have a great day!

Becky said...

That was a nice Easter present from David to you--and it's the gift that keeps on giving. :) Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Amanda said...

Andrea, those pics are too cute! I'm so glad ya'll had a happy Easter! I'm also glad David finally caught onto 'mama'! Did Laura get my email? I emailed her as soon as you forwarded me the message about her email bouncing...

Tara said...

The hat pictures are great. I'm glad he said mama too!