Sunday, March 30, 2008

Baby Update

Many of you have been asking how Wesley and I are doing. I guess I haven't had much to report so "no news, is good news", but here are a few highlights...

Wesley is already proving to have gotten my "gymnastics gene" and is constantly doing somersaults in the womb. David used to kick here and there and I would feel him stretching out or kicking on one side, but when Wesley moves, I feel it all over! Also, he apparently doesn't know what the "fetal position" is, because he is constantly stretched out and I can always feel him on my right side at the top of my ribs.

At my last appointment I passed the glucose test, which was truly a relief. I have been eating waaay to many sweets lately, namely chocolate. The Easter candy really didn't help my cause. I craved chocolate with David too and that's definitely something the boys got from their daddy. I was however warned that I gained too much weight between my last two appointments and to cut back on the calories as they don't want Wesley to get too big. I was told the same thing last pregnancy, but this group was so much nicer about it so I was able to take it in stride.

I have already scheduled my c-section which is really weird to be able to pick out your child's birthday! This pregnancy will be roughly three weeks shorter than last time. David was a week overdue and last time we were anxiously waiting for him to come-in fact he came the day before I was to be induced! We don't have a laptop so unfortunately there will be no updates from the hospital, but of course I will post as soon as we come home.

It won't be long now...start praying for a safe delivery!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that all is well with you and Wesley, Andrea. Sounds like everything is moving right along!

i miss those tumbles in the womb. my fave part of being pregnant. it just amazed me every time i felt my Joe kicking and dancing in there. maybe one day i'll know that feeling again. i guess you never know. and NO, not pregnant! haha! :)

Have a great day, girl! and thanks for the update. I say, enjoy your chocolate! :)

Katie at CuppaJoe

Chris said...

Glad to hear all is well. Little Bresnan in here is very active too. Seems like this one is much more active than Lindsay was at this stage. Glad to hear the glucose test went well. Mine's coming up. I really can't wrap my mind around being able to pick the date. We'll see if she talks about that with us this next appt. I can't believe you were overdue with David. I would have died! I was already in labor when I went to be induced too...but we were just at 39 weeks. I'm hoping for 38.5 this time if it's safe!
Yep, pretty soon the blogs are going to be full of newborn pictures again!

Amanda said...

Yay for you and Wesley!!! It was so good to see you at the shower--you look so beautiful. You are right, Beau's mom and Aunt Pat know how to par-tay! It was so much fun, and I feel so blessed! Beau and I will definitely be making a trip to see ya'll soon.

Becky said...

They always come the day before a scheduled induction!!! That's what Ben did too.

The Easter candy is dangerous, that's for sure!!! But I'm glad the doctors were nice. I gained 10 pounds in a month on ice cream with Ben and they were all like "Wow you HAVE gained weight!!!" Uh, thanks doc...

The Partins said...

Heck girl, he isn't coming out below so who cares if he is a big baby.... BRING ON THE CHOCOLATE!! Just kidding. I had 2 weeks where I gained WAY too much too... it happens to the best of us. All I have to say is, thank God for lactation! Breastfeeding is the best diet I have ever been on!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that everything is good with you and Wesley. I can't wait to see him. I bet he is going to be as handsome as his BIG BRO!!!

Amanda said...

Oh girl! I know you will enjoy your C! It really is pretty wonderful! Of course, I don't know anything any different! It is an amazing experience! I am working on a slide show of Marleigh's C-Section. I hope you will enjoy it! Maybe it will give you a true indication of what to expect!

Dallas said...

hi, andrea! glad to hear you guys are doing well. i'm enjoying living vicariously through all my friends' pregnancies right now.
;-)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. Now you can count down to C-day! Not much longer now.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Glad your appointment went well!

Goodrow Gang said...

Yes, my God child so full of vigor for life! Can't contain himself in the womb.

SO glad things are uneventful during the pregnancy...as they should be.

Glad these doctors are so much nicer than the covington practice. You need the gentle approach. We ALL need a gentle approach when we are being talked to about our weight. I think you look awesome pregnant.

Tara said...

You do look great very beutiful pregnant, there's no such thing as you and too much weight. I'm glad to hear that things are well with you and Wesley. I can't wait until he arrives.

Beckman Bulletin said...

I am so happy to hear that everything is going well. I know how us expecting moms worry. I am always talking about when I go on bed rest. I am going to continue to pray for safe delivery for all.
I will miss seeing you tonight.
Becky

MBKimmy said...

what was the date?! Do i need to go back and read again?! I will be praying for you all! I LOVED my C-Section. Loved it ... did you have a C section with David?!