Monday, March 17, 2008

Time Out: Let's Go Fly A Kite

David was in serious need of another hair cut so I took him to snip-its today. The last two cuts have gone really well and today's was the first time he didn't cry at all, which, believe me is huge! We met my parents for lunch afterwards-thanks for treating us mom and dad! Knowing David wanted to hang out longer with his Oma and Pop I convinced them to come to the park with us. I just happened to have a kite in the car and today's weather was perfect for a flight.




After driving home David wanted to play outside just a little longer before it got dark outside, so we did just that. Pictured below is yet another hand-me-down that we've had for several months. "Uncle" Ricky's kids are too old for it now so he offered it to us. Score! It still needs a little work though. We replaced the swings and canopy but everything else is original and came as is. We mulched in the play area and soon we will add some sod around it. Ignore the empty space just below the "fort". The man who delivered the mulch said most people make that area a sandbox. I probably would have done just that but Jason says sand attracts fleas!
At one point David was playing with one of the swings and it apparently wasn't "cooperating" exactly as he had hoped because he threatened to "put it in time out"! I guess its obvious we've been experiencing a little bit of the terrible two's lately ; )

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I LOVE kite flying weather. I hope I can take Davis to fly one soon! Love the playground. How fun!!! :)

The Partins said...

That's hilarious about putting the swing in time out!!!

Tara said...

Evan would love watching a kite fly. He has a thing with birds, planes, and anything in the sky lately. The playground looks great, funny story.

MBKimmy said...

LOVE IT ... we have been looking for a play yard and haven't found one we like yet ... I like that one!

Anonymous said...

What a great playground. Davis will really love it.
I completely understand about the terrible twos. Hang in there.

Beckman Bulletin said...

Bobby likes to put all kinds of things in time out. My favorite was when he wanted Uncle Matt to go to time out because he could not find him.

Chris said...

That is so cute about the swing. Cool Kite!! Loving that you got a deal on a playground! We're going to have to break down and do something like that soon.

Anonymous said...

love the playground!! great kite pictures, girl!!

Katie at CuppaJoe