Monday, November 24, 2008

Bicycle Airplane

I have a funny story to share...well, the funny part doesn't happen until the end so bear with me. First some background information. A few weeks ago Wesley had an ear infection and David had a double ear infection. Both went on antibiotics and both boys infections went away. This past Friday David started complaining of an ear ache but later in the afternoon he said he felt better. Saturday it was apparent neither he nor Wesley felt well. The pain escalated that night as Tylenol wasn't working for Wesley nor was Motrin working for David. Yesterday we called their pediatrician who suggested we meet him at a local hospital so he could see us in between his rounds. (I am so glad we switched doctors when Wesley was born. David's previous pediatrician never would have done that!) Once again Wesley has an ear infection and David has a double ear infection! So...let's do the math. That's two boys, four ears, and six ear infections in less than one month! Anyway...on our ride home from the hospital, several cars in front of us, there was a bicycle attached to the roof. David said "Look! I see a bicycle airplane!" I burst out laughing because from his vantage point, what he saw looked something like this...
Both boys have been in A LOT of pain with David's being exceptionally bad. One show will keep his mind off of it though, and that's Imagination Movers.
Its one that Jason and I don't mind watching with him either! I have actually done some research on these guys and I have a lot of respect for them. David likes them so much he asked for a stuffed warehouse mouse for Christmas. Too bad they don't make one yet!
In other news, David was serious when he said he didn't smile for his school pictures. Can this kid frown or what?!?!
I know they were probably pressed for time, but I honestly think they could have tried a little harder...

All you have to do is distract him, make him laugh, and then snap the picture before he figures out what you are going to do! Oh Well. The bright side is I will save some money by not placing an order!

10 comments:

MBKimmy said...

haha a bicycle airplane - that is great!
Ear infections stink - I am sure you are a ways off, but with tatum the tubes were our blessing! Within one week of having them she said 14 new words and is a much happier all around baby!
Good luck i hope the 4 ears all heal quickly!

Anonymous said...

Funny Story! What doesn't come out of the mouths of babes! The other day I was telling Morgan something only for her to inform me in her most sassy tone ever, "Mommy that isn't very interesting," WHAT?!?!?!

I hear ya on the pictures. Although I do think that they are still cute. He is going for the serious look practicing his GQ days!

I hope both boys are already feeling better!

Anonymous said...

haha! Those portraits are classic, girl!! Oh, i would totally buy one of those. those are the ones you will want 20 years from now!! Best kinda pictures in my opinion!! I love it! everyone gets the perfect olan mills model baby shots, i think yours are better! and plus david still looks as handsome as ever.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Much love to ya, girl.

Julie Tiemann said...

So cute - the story and the photos. David is such a handsome little guy!

Beckman Bulletin said...

Great story. Sorry to hear about the ears. See you tomorrow.

Amanda said...

Too funny! Davis would have loved to have seen a bicycle airplane -- and for school pics -- D's were pretty good! Can you believe that? The kids HATES having his picture made! It stinks that we had to pre-order! :) Ear infections = no fun! D hasn't had any since the tubes and they have been out for a year -- he never really had pain with his so I didn't really have to use pain meds. Sounds awful! :) At least they will antibioticfied for Thanksgiving!

Dallas said...

love the airplane/bicycle story! you do have to remember things look different from their vantage points, literally and figuratively. hope you all have a great thanksgiving!

Becky said...

Exactly...I'm thinking that's their JOB??? To make a kid smile and snap a picture. Like did they think his mom actually wanted a picture of him frowning? I felt the same way with patrick's picture ast year. On the plus side, it makes for great blogging material!

Tara said...

I hope your boys get better soon. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

ok, bicycle airplane cracked me up! Smile or no smile, the school pictures are so sweet.. can I come be one of your kids? Yall always look like you're having fun and always smiling!!

Kelly :)