Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Can I Get A Break Already?

Wesley has another ear infection. This makes number 6 and he isn't even eight months old yet! Ugh. Back to the ENT we go. Can I get a break already, especially regarding health issues? Let's focus on the positives...I was really impressed with the ENT when we took David, and Wesley will see the same doctor. If Wesley does need tubes, we've already met our deductible, and hopefully he will be too young to remember it...However, he did start crying the minute the pediatrician walked in the exam room today. Wesley knows who puts the otoscope in his ears-it really hurts him-my poor baby!


Speaking of health...I thought I would share what David did in school today. He made a set of teeth with "smarshmallows" (as David calls them) and learned how to brush properly. He even got a toothbrush and some toothpaste to take home! This got David all excited about brushing his teeth tonight. I just love it when something he learns at school makes my life easier ; )

9 comments:

Becky said...

It must be teeth month??? Both my kids came home w/ similar stuff recently. Love the mouth--too funny!

Beckman Bulletin said...

Oh my Gosh!! I can't believe Wesley has another ear infection. I am so sorry. Hang in there. I am still praying for the Royal Family health issues daily.
Yes, February is Dental Health Month. Every good pre-school and elementary school teacher teaches teeth in February.

Matt, Christy, Drew, and Natalie said...

I think it is time for the Denton family to make a get-a-way to some isolated tropical island that is germ free! Love the teeth... :)

Julie Tiemann said...

You poor thing - and poor Wesley. You guys really do need a break!!

Those teeth are hilarious! (And I love the irony of using sugary foods to demonstrate the importance of oral hygiene. :) )

Tara said...

The marshmellow teeth are a fantastic idea. Evan loves to brush his teeth, I have no idea why though. Sorry to hear about Wesley, hope it gets better soon and glad to hear that something else is easier for you.

Anonymous said...

God Bless all of you, you have really had it rough. I guess at least if Wesley does have to have tubes you have already been through that and know that it isn't the end of the world.

That is the cutest mouth full of teeth I have ever seen!!!

You guys hang in there. Things will start looking up.

MBKimmy said...

praying for you - we have had a lot of sickness here too! Sorry! I will continue to pray for you!

Goodrow Gang said...

My poor Godson! Loads of prayers to you and the family.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about Wesley, but I do remember that the ENT is impressive so you won't have to worry about doubting his medical opinion. I do love the teeth and have to second what one of your friends said about the irony of using a sugary food, but I think I may try something similar as Lana hates brushing her teeth... though she enjoys it more since we have been teaching her to spit afterward... the spitting part is very fun.