Sunday, February 22, 2009

If You Can't Beat 'em...Join 'em!

I think the toy David missed the most when he was away from home was the Jeep. One of the first days we came home, David asked Jason to ride with him in the Jeep around our property. Jason of course explained that he was too big to fit in it so David thought for a minute and then asked if Jason could follow him in his tricycle. Once again daddy explained he is too big for that. Then David said "you can follow me in your truck!" And Jason replied "Yes, yes I can." To Jason that somehow seemed like a perfectly acceptable thing to do. They have been doing it daily and have decided its called "jeeps n trucks". Ever since, David has been asking me to do the same. For a week I kept telling him that it was a daddy thing to do, not a mommy thing to do. Since they go in one big circle around the house, it just reminded me too much of NASCAR, which is the one sport I just cannot get in to! Alas, I think it is a lost cause. Last weekend Jason had the race on TV and David got all into it. He spotted the m & m car, decided he liked that one and started cheering for it. Jason said he almost cried real tears when it wrecked! David wanted it to win sooooo bad. Anyway...yesterday I decided, if you can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em! I really enjoyed driving Jason's truck and listening to his XM radio... I must admit, its not too bad of a game!

10 comments:

Bethany said...

OMG!!! THat' is too cute. He's such a big BOY!!! And you should call it Jeeps, Trucks, n' Dogs...as Charlie was right there every step of the way. I'm so glad that things are getting back to 'normal' and that you all are adjusting so well. You're in our prayers daily. We love you!!!

Amanda said...

How funny! I LOVE it! :) Glad gas prices are down! LOL! So glad to see you out and about and with your boys! Love you!

Anonymous said...

This is really funny and I love David's logic on the matter!

Kelly G said...

this video just made me laugh! I loved the dog being right there as part of the pack. Andrea, it's good to see you up and moving again. I know these past few weeks have been quite the challenge. We're still praying for you.

Love ya,
Kelly

Julie Tiemann said...

That is hilarious! What a fun game! :)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I see that he is definitely going to be a 4x4 boy! It appears he likes the off road much better than the well traveled path. So, at least it is an activity that the whole family can enjoy just strap Wesley in and both Mom and Dad hop in and Charlie is already in on it.

You all remain in my prayers. We love ya!

MBKimmy said...

Too Cute ... and the dog is getting great exercise! I love this!

The Peavyhouse Family said...

So much fun! Thanks for the updates on the fam... I love reading them!

Kristin

Tara said...

Very cute! I also got a kick out of Charlie keeping up with the game. David definitely enjoys the off-roading.

Goodrow Gang said...

This is hysterical! Jason had told me about this game, but seeing it in action...just too funny!