Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Beach Bums

Well, I've got too many pictures of the beach for just one post so I decided I'd start with the ones y'all really want to see-the ones of David. He had a grand ole time playing in the sand. Thankfully he has my skin tone so he didn't burn after hours upon hours in direct sunlight. We brought my sister's sand tent, but he really didn't care to sit in it so we didn't even bring it down after our first trip. I just made sure I lathered him up real good with sunscreen. We went down to the beach twice a day everyday since we were only there a few days. We only ventured out of the condo a few times to get some good seafood, but mainly we were just beach bums. Jason and David got lots of father/son time in the ocean which really made me happy since he gets plenty of time with me. I've said it before, and I'll say it again- mom's never get a vacation even when you're on vacation, but Jason did a great job making sure I got to relax too. I even got to read a book y'all!

View from the condo on the 10th floor.
He didn't keep his hat on long.Soaking up rays.
He was actually telling me to stop taking his picture at this point.
Many, many, many trips were made to get water and come back to dump it in the sand.
Sure am glad I bought those $2 Wal-mart sand toys before we left!
He was so happy to be outside when para sails, helicopters, and planes would pass by.
Insisting on carrying his toys.
We actually had nothing to do with this, but I thought it was picture worthy!
Did you know that the higher up your condo unit is, the more its worth? I didn't! Supposedly the view is better. I also found it funny that there was no 13th floor (no 13 button on the elevator). Someone is superstitious-hope no one on the 14th floor is ; ) More to come...you weren't hoping for pictures of me in a bathing suit were you? That ain't gonna happen!

12 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like a great trip for David...was this his first time to the beach? They never get sick of playing in the sand, do they? It's like a giant playground out there.

My boys also love to watch the shrimp boats, coast guard choppers, etc. go by. I can't read what it says in the sand, though.

Becky said...

Oh yeah, we have that I'm a Little Bulldog shirt too, but both boys have already outgrown it...I think ours is a 12 mos. size or something.

Anonymous said...

I love the beach pics of David! I am jealous....I wanna go to the beach.....WAAA!!!! Glad that you guys had such a great vacation!!!

Anonymous said...

ahhh. i am now even more excited about our beach trip in 2 weeks! joe has never been so i am thrilled for him to see it all for the 1st time. great pictures! is that y'alls condo? niiiiiiice. :)

Andrea said...

Becky-it says "UGA" in the sand...we didn't do it as you can tell from the distance in the pic we were upstairs at the time. David has that shirt in 18 months, 2T, and 3T-all were gifts!

Katie-heck no it ain't our condo! I could only dream. It is Mr. Wesley and Miss Kriss's (the friends we visited on the way there).

Andrea said...

Becky-We took David with us to St. Simons when he was 6 months old...of course he doesn't remember that though...not even sure he will remember this trip!

Anonymous said...

Seeing your pictures makes me excited. We may be going to the beach over Labor Day!!! Love the pictures of you guys on the beach.

Amanda said...

How fun -- wouldn't it be great if we could all get the kiddos together and go to the beach one year! They would have a BLAST!!! I am sad that I didn't get to enjoy much beach/water time this year. As I was laying on my left side and keeping my feet propped up! We should plan an AGD and kids trip one year soon! LOL!!! PS - do you have a definite answer yet to what we were talking about last time we were together?

Anonymous said...

your comment section is doing weird things.....hmmmm....must be my computer.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Great pictures of David. Can't wait to see/hear the rest of the story.

Tara said...

Those are great pictures of David. He looks like he was having a great time. I can't wait to take Evan to the beach.

Chris said...

Those are some sweet pics! Kids just love the beach no matter what age they are. Lindsay loved it too! We're beach people...we get cranky if we miss a year (like we did last summer). Glad you had a nice time and kudos to your hubby for giving you some down time!