Sunday, February 17, 2008

Less Than Perfect Timing

Last weekend we picked up my nephew Ben's first toddler bed to borrow until his little brother Will needs it. I really like it because the crib mattress still fits in it, and it is so low to the ground any fall wouldn't hurt in the least. I decided that a long weekend would be the perfect time to put it together as I was hoping we could work out any kinks over these next few days.

David helping put the bed together with his tools

Trying it out for the first time

As usual we have less than perfect timing. On Friday I came down with yet another sinus infection. I've been careful to wash my hands frequently and try to keep my germs far away as possible, but its all been in vain. Last night, shortly after putting David to sleep in his new "big boy bed" he began coughing and I could hear some chest/nasal congestion as well. He woke up a few hours later and Jason gave him some medicine and successfully put him back to bed. Then around 5 am I hear little feet running aross the house and then our bedroom door open. Feeling sorry for him, I let him up in bed with me. This morning as I was explaining to him that I only did that because he was sick and he's not supposed to do that, Jason looked at me and said "do you really think he understands that?". Ugh.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I know what you mean about he bed situation. Luke has recently moved to a big boy bed and he runs to our room or to the living room. What do you do???

Chris said...

Oh, he looks so sweet in his new bed. We're going the twin bed route in June for Lindsay. I'm going to just get the rails. Hoping that keeps her in the bed a bit longer before she figures it out. There is always the door knob thingys to keep them in. Although that would probably just upset them.
Hope you feel better soon!! Sinus infections are the worst especially when your prego!!!

Amanda said...

We went the door knob route -- It is so cute to hear him wake up and knock! He usually says "Mommy where are you?" or "Wake up Mommy!" all while knocking on his door! :) It is nice because sometimes I will hear him wake up and play with his toys before he is ready to come out. He will adjust - just give him time!

MBKimmy said...

hope the sniffels are gone -
love the toddler bed -