Thursday, February 07, 2008

Living On Planet Pluto

On Sunday we met up with our friends Joel and Julie, and David's girlfriend Elena at the Mall of Georgia. Elena's parents went to see a movie kid free, and we took the kids with us to see Veggie Tales: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. This was David's first movie in a theater and he did pretty well. I'm quite sure it wouldn't have gone even half as well without Elena there. David absolutely loved movie theater popcorn. Our movie got out first so we took the kids on a carousel ride, and then to the disney store. We let them pick out a plush character to take home. Elena went straight for Minnie, and we were surprised that David chose Pluto over Mickey! We were asked him several times if he was sure about his choice, but sure enough, he knew exactly what he wanted. Pluto hasn't left his side ever since!







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how you think you know your kids every want and then "BAM" out of the blue they change it on you. Kade has done that so many times on me it is not funny. I think he wants Toy Story valentines and he says Spiderman. Geez!!! Luke however would have been happy with any Mickey character. Love the photos!

Anonymous said...

I always preferred Tigger myself...we have alot in common actually...we're both manic, and jumpy, and always up for a good time. although i don't know if Tigger ever reamed someone out at a tennis match? hehe. ;)

Love the pictures!!!

Tara said...

That was sweet of ya'll to take Elena and David to a movie. I love the pictures too, David looks so cute with his Pluto. I'm with Katie though, I do love Tigger.

I enjoyed talking to you today too, sorry I had to run!

Chris said...

Those pics of David with his Pluto are SO cute! Funny how sometimes they know EXACTLY what they want and we're like "REALLY?"
At least you can be happy in knowing he loves it and he didn't just discard it an hour later. Especially since I'm sure at the Disney store it wasn't "on sale"...tee,hee. Congrats to David on his first movie. I can't wait til I can start taking Lindsay to all the good Disney movies!!! Hope you're feeling well. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am tellin' you that is a kid after my own heart. Any of the Mickey's clubhouse character are hits in our house! David is just too stinkin cute!!!!

Caron said...

Man, you are all gettin' Disney while we here are all stuck in friggin' Care-A-Lot! Allie is all about the dang Care Bears! I mean yeah, they are cool and all (as lovie-dovie pastel colored bears go...)but I'd love for her to shake things up and spring for Cinderella or Belle... anything for a change!!! EXCEPT Caillou... but I digress...

Caitlin said...

Cute pictures! I'm encouraged to see that David did great at the movies. I've been wanting to take Little Brian to one. Hopefully it will go as well as your outing. Hope you're having a blessed week.