Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Hosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future

Host and hostess; Ryan and Kristin (she's due in April)

SJN Friends

Julie and Rebecca trading scrapbooking secrets (I'm trying to get them to start blogging!)

Lana and Bobby

Justin also celebrated his 32nd birthday yesterday!

Last night was Kristin's annual Christmas party. She's been doing this every year since...well... before I can remember (thus the title of this post). We are all friends from our Saint John Neumann youth group days. Its really amazing that pretty much all of us married our high school youth group sweethearts. Granny offered to babysit David, so Jason and I took her up on it of course! (Two of the other couples also had babysitters.) Kristin always has a game for us to play, and this year we played pop-culture trivial pursuit (guys vs. girls). The girls won! We also had our annual white elephant ornament exchange which is always a riot. Thanks Kristin and Ryan for hosting a wonderful party! On a side note I learned that as a housewife and stay at home mom I am not used to censoring myself, and so I was embarrassed quite a few times ...ah well at least these are some of my best friends!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dre, it was good to see you guys last night. As a matter of fact, its been good to see your family so much in the last month. Christy and I really miss being close to you Jason.

On the censored housewife point. If you can't go uncensored and unedited with your friends...who can you go uncensored and unedited with? We hope to see you guys again over Christmas. I'll be in touch to compare plans.

Matt

Amanda said...

Hey, now you gotta share the uncensored info! Don't leave us hanging!

Becky said...

Yes, do tell!

Hi Kristin and Rebecca! I remember you from school!

Anonymous said...

Shout out to Kristin and Rebecca from highschool! Hey I like Matt's nickname for you, Dre. I am gonna start callin' you Dr. Dre!! woohoooo!
I am so happy for Kristin. does she know what she's having?
Looks like a great party! thanks for sharing the pics! Love'em!

Andrea said...

Katie, Kristin and Ryan don't want to know the sex of the baby.

Amanda said...

I was bribing my OB to pleeeeeeease let me know ASAP. I imagined us with boys and so I feel like if we were to continue, we'd have our own football team.

Anonymous said...

ahhh, what the frick? can't she find out just for me? haha! just kidding..i have never understood waiting to find out but then again i have never understood waiting until x-mas to open your presents! haha!can you tell i hate surprises?!
well, I guess you don't like the nickname i came up for you, Dr, Dre! hehe!

Andrea said...

Katie-I am with you on the no surprises. I have never been good at 'em. No Dr. Dre is fine...Dre is an abbreviated version of Dr. Dre which Matt calls me occasionally.

Anonymous said...

Damn!! i thought i coined the nickname!! oh, well. ya win some ya lose some! haha!

Tara said...

It's good to see everyone looking so well. I miss the youth group days. Glad you posted pics.

Anonymous said...

I love the pics and comments... how fun! Ryan is the one who really wants the surprise, it's killing me to know if it's a boy or a girl. I've heard it's an incredible surprise if you can wait! Hope everyone is doing well!