Saturday, December 09, 2006

Thanks Mom and Dad

"...please don't worry 'cause I'm allright, see I'm staying here at the ritz tonight..." ("Baby Girl" by Sugarland).

Last night was Jason's company Christmas party aka our first night away from David (well make that my first night away). It was wonderful. We were greeted by bellmen in knickers and spiced pecans with hot apple cider. Next we found our room where our luggage was already there to greet us. We dressed up, drank wine and spirits during the social hour, ate like we were really part of a royal family, danced a little bit and then retired to our room about 11 p.m. Our bed was turned down with chocolate mints on the bed, piano music playing, and today's weather forecast on the nightstand. We climbed into the most comfortable bed I've ever layed in and continued to sleep until 10 am!!! The best part of this entire experience...IT WAS FREE!!!

Thanks Mom and Dad for babysitting David and letting us have some much needed R&R.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds VERY VERY nice!

Amanda said...

I'm totally jealous too. My husband's work party was last night. We didn't get to do all that!!!!

One of our best buds dated Jennifer. Something about her drives me insane....lol. When I watch her perform, she goofs off or something.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to have a night out, Andrea!!
Laura P

Anonymous said...

Katie, do you remember one of my bridesmaids (she was wearing a purple dress--seriously!) that had curly blonde hair? She was a Soul Miner's Daughter freak too. You probably sat next to her at Eddie's Attic many times.

All My Love said...

I'm really jealous..sounds like a wonderful party was thrown with no expenses! You can't ask for more from an employer than that! Beth...take notes ...hahhahahha