Friday, May 18, 2007

Prayers Please

I'm calling on all my my blogger buddies to please pray for a little girl who goes to my church named Taylor Kinchen. She will be six years old tomorrow but she will be spending her birthday in the hospital(and has already been there for some time). A few weeks ago it was determined she has cancer. She has already had a tumor removed from her brain and she will need chemotherapy and radiation for two other tumors on her spine. In the meantime Taylor has developed posterior fossa syndrome, and due to her lack of appetitie a feeding tube has been inserted. She will have surgery again on Monday to have a shunt put in. Her family does not have health insurance...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I will keep praying for her. I will pass this along...I will also add her to the pray list at church.

Anonymous said...

My son is a 5 year brain tumor survivor who had posterior fossa syndrome, I believe in miracles!

The Lord works in ways that we cannot understand, but I know that my Lucas would not be the little boy that he is had he not gone through these trial. It shaped our whole family and I am grateful for that! I pray freverently for little Taylor and her family. Thanks for mentioning her on your blog.

I know that there is a trust fund set up at one of the local banks in Madison, I am not sure which one but I will find out, then maybe we can all really help!
Thanks again,
Cindy

Andrea said...

Cindy I have that info. If you want to donate money to the family go to United Bank in Madison and make a deposit into the Taylor Kinchen relief fund.

Anonymous said...

life is just plain not fair. i seem to be hearing a lot of sad news lately. I will pray for God's will to be done. i believe in miracles too. i'll tell my mom to pray for her too. and kay.

Andrea said...

Thanks Katie-your mom and Kay are great prayer warriors!

Becky said...

Poor little girl. She is beautiful in that picture. We will pray.

Amanda said...

Stories like this break my heart. It seems that I am hearing of more and more. I guess being a mom makes it all make an even bigger impact than before I was blessed with a child. I will keep the family in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

Tara said...

She is beautiful. I will keep her in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

She is such a beautiful child of God, and He will keep her in His care and keeping. She will definitely be in my prayers.