Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Seven Random Things

I've been tagged by Amanda. I am supposed to list 7 random things about myself. Here goes...

1. I once flushed my cloth diaper down the toilet and my parents had to dig up the whole yard. I don't know how old I was at the time, but I know I was younger than 21 months, because that's how old I was when I was potty trained.

2. I was a gymnast for 8 years. When I was 2 years old my mom put me in gymnastics because she said she had to get rid of all my energy somehow. It was my entire life until I was 10 years old.

3. When I was little I was afraid of Santa Claus, and so to this day there is no picture of me with him, only one with the Easter Bunny.

4. I've never been to Disney World, and I've never been on a cruise (ha-you got two for one there ; )

5. At age 15 (before I could even drive) I started working at Chick-Fil-A, and I didn't quit until I was 17. I did work study at my school so I worked a lot. I only got paid $4.35 an hour (at the time that was 10 cents above minimum wage). There were days when I would eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner there.

6. My college psychology professor once told me that I would never get married, and if I did my husband would be settling for me, because no man would ever really want to marry me.

7. 10 years ago I got a really bad case of food poisoning from Kentucky Fried Chicken...I haven't eaten there since...

Now I'm supposed to tag some others, but it hasn't worked well for me in the past...so if you feel like participating in this game...be my guest!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

why did you quit gymnastics? i was a gymnast too. but i had to stop when i started getting really tall. not many 5'9" gymnasts out there.
and why would your prof. say that?????? like what the hell prompted him to say such a mean thing? girl, i need the details on that!

Tara said...

That was pretty rude of your professor. How dare someone say that to you.

Neat post.

Andrea said...

I quit gymnastics because once you get to a high level it is very competitive and stops being fun. I was working out 3+ days a week for 3 hours at a time, meets on weekends, camps during the summer. It was either stay in and it would be the only think I know/do, or have a life. I chose the latter.

I have no idea why Dr. McDonald said that to me, but I will never forget it. He chooses one person (usually a girl) per class to pick on all semester. I was that girl. It took all I had not to cry in front of him that day.

Anonymous said...

so tell me. could you do a round off, back handspring, back tuck? i could do the round-off back handspring. but only the tuck with a spot. never alone. and i almost killed myself on the beam once.

Andrea said...

Yep, I sure could do that...not any more though!

Also, gymnastics stunted my growth...it wasn't until after I quit that I hit a growth spurt and as you know now I'm 5'8" tall.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh what a rude professor!!! My mom wanted me to work at Chick-fil-a but I worked at a pharmacy for 5 years instead. That is funny that you flushed a cloth diaper, but I am sure that your parents were not laughing at the time.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe that your prof said that. My boss says mean things like that to everyone after she has had a few. Needless to say....we all stay away. I did gymnastics too but not for 10 years. I quit when they started wanted me to let go of the high bar....hence my fear of the free fall, the gasp, anything that goes straight up and down really fast!

Katy S. said...

You can kind of knock out # 4 with a Disney cruise! I am the same way with McDonalds. I will not even get a diet coke there.