Monday, June 25, 2007

So.Thankful.

Its been so hot and dry lately...
...that cacti have uprooted themselves in various place on our property...

...and David is refusing to wear socks and shoes, and drinking water out of a 64 oz. jug...and so I'm very thankful we had rain today. Also, as much of a pain as the old well was, I am really enjoying having our new one. We don't have to pay attention to any watering bans! Of course we shelled out big bucks to get a well, but it is so worth not having a water bill. Case in point: a few nights ago Jason accidentally left the sprinkler on all night long (he fell asleep on the couch). Guess what? We still had plenty of water in the morning-Praise God! In other news...my parents came over on Saturday and my dad took our dryer apart and after a few tests, his best guess was that the thermal fuse had blown (which meant the high limit thermostat and the cycling thermostat should be replaced as well). The parts could only be found at a specialty appliance store, so it had to wait until today. In the meantime, my mom took home 3 loads of laundry and did them on Sunday. Thanks mom! This morning my dad went to the appliance store bought the parts, and then drove out here (our clean laundry in tow). It took $50 and an a hour an a half worth of work, but its fixed! Whoohoo! Thank you dad!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the fixed dryer!! glad you held out! 50 bucks ain't bad at all.

Becky said...

Yup! Much better than the $400 we shelled out today to pick up Luke's truck...only to have my car die in the dealership parking lot. I'm not kidding. Luke's going to give it a tune-up tomorrow...PLEASE everybody cross their fingers that a tune-up's all it needs!!!!!

Anyway, glad your luck's been better than our! ;)

Andrea said...

Oh no Becky! I'm so sorry...I'll pray a tune-up is all you need.

The Partins said...

What is that "thump thump...thump thump" I hear??? The pitter patter of drying laundry! awwww. :-) ha-ha. Glad it is fixed, but I'm sure not half as glad as you are! :-) No more rolling change. Woo Hoo!

Tara said...

Glad you held out after all. Glad your dad came to the rescue.

We never put socks on Evan and lately he's learned to take them off himself.

Bethany said...

So glad to hear that your dryer is fixed - no more coin laundry for you!! Aren't parants the best! They live their lives for us, and we think that they'll get a break when we move away and start families of our own, but Praise God they continue living for us and their grandchildren. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my mom and dad! They help us out so much!!