Monday, September 10, 2007

"Of Mice and Men"

Yet another crazy busy weekend for us. It started out pretty good. The basement was pretty much finished and we were all geared up to fry some gamecocks...

Here's our good friends Christy and Matt
Jason and I

The four of us eating at Loco's


So the game went bad. Really bad. As in there was not a single moment when Georgia was winning the game. Ever. Ugh. I so hate losing to Steve Spurrier. He's the only man I know who gets an ego trip when he's booed. We came home depressed. Then I got to thinkin' that I would rather have Matt and Christy with us and lose the game than be without them and win. That's how special these folks are. It just isn't the same without them there. We know each other from high school youth group (which by the way is how I know Tara as well). Matt and Jason were roommates at Georgia and Christy and I would join our then boyfriends for every home game, and we even made it to Georgia/Florida together one year. I didn't have much time to sulk in the loss though as Sunday was David's birthday party. The next morning when I walked out to the kitchen, after getting ready for church, I found that Christy had summed it up pretty well...



A special thanks to Grandma for babysitting David during the game and Sunday when we were getting ready for the party...
David covering Grandma up in balloons. He originally had on a Thomas outfit to go with his party theme, but his diaper leaked during his nap before the party started, so we had to change him. It Figures that would happen..."The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry"
The cake

Joel, Julie, and Elena were so gracious to bring their moon walk.




Presents! Here are some pictures of a few of them...

Basketball goal
Crocs
A toy chainsaw! How crazy is that? It looks so real.Two years old today.
Happy Birthday David! I love you more than words can say. You are the joy of my life. I can't believe its already been two years since you were born (or even one year since last year's party for that matter). Wow. As if right on cue, I've already had several people ask me today when we will have another one...only God knows the answer to that question! At any rate, we've taken a lesson from Becky and decided its only going to be family birthday parties for the next few years. Maybe when he turns 5 we will do a big party again...

8 comments:

Becky said...

So sorry about the bad game. I know MY David (brother) was not a happy camper either...BUT at least the party made up for it. I wish we could've been there, but we'd still be driving home I think!!! ;) It looks like it was fun. David looks soooooo big. He's really gotten tall in the past few months--at least it looks that way in the pics.
Yes, I am all about the simple birthdays. Ben is getting gypped again this year. We'll only have a family aprty again. And I think I'm going to forgo a cake in lieu of s'mores...just 'cause I want to!!! :)

Tara said...

I had a great time, thanks again for inviting us. I can understand why you want to do family parties, it seems like a lot to keep up with. That was a cute cake too and I loved the basement.

Anonymous said...

I guess you did not feel the need to include a pic of the EDUCATIONAL toy i bought David. I'm trying to educate our youth, andrea! spread it around! shizzam! ha! i kid. :) It was a good time. yeah, we only do family parties for joe so far. but i think this year we may do his first big party for when he turns 4. we'll see. sorry about your GA loss, girl. i know how it goes. i hate losing anything. but y'all already knew that about me. see racket on post entitled "racket rage". ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great party! Glad that David had a great time!

Caron said...

It looks like you had a great weekend...well, other than our Dogs loosing. Glad you had friends and family and a precious little 2 year old birthday boy to help you recover.
I, on the other hand, only had my bottle of carpet cleaner to comfort me! HA! Glad you had fun!!!

Amanda said...

At least David made the weekend a little brighter! After that horrible game! I think I would have left at halftime-- I was disgusted! We had a lot of people again this year at D's party even though I really cut the guest list! We cooked 80 hot dogs and only have like 9 left! :) Next year we've decided on a small friends party -- probably at jumpzone and a family part here at the house. I don't think with a little one that I will be able to handle such a fiasco! :) Oh -- I have also learned that instead of spending fortunes on cakes that I should do brownies or a cookie cake! D loves chocolate chip cookies, but he want touch cake! Why didn't I think of that before last weekend! :) Happy Birthday David! I am so sorry we missed it! I hope we can see you again real soon!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday David!! Time is going by so fast. Make sure to give him a big huge every day because before you know it he will be starting Kindergarden!!!

Katy S. said...

Happy Birthday David! Sorry to hear about them Dawgs. GO NOLES!