Saturday, September 08, 2007

Punch Out!

Jason and I decided earlier this year we should go ahead and have our basement finished. One of our neighbors is a builder so we put him to work. There have been many setbacks along the way so its taken a lot longer than we had originally anticipated. We've been sweating bullets all week to see if it indeed would be habitable before our friends Matt and Christy come to stay with us after tomorrow's Georgia game, and for David's birthday party on Sunday. The punch out crew wasn't able to come until next week so we did most of the cleaning up ourselves. There are still a few things they need to come back for, but for the most part it is finished. Here are just a few pictures to show the progress...

The Bar.
Wallpaper behind the bar-its beer labels.
Wallpaper in the bathroom-its supposed to look like stack stone.
Guest bedroom.
I have to tell y'all that I'm usually not a big fan of wallpaper, but we were trying to help out some friends of ours who owned a wallpaper store (that's past-tense-they just sold the store this month). They ended up helping us out by giving us a friends and family discount and I'm really happy with what we picked out. I can't tell you how glad I am that I won't have to wait for construction men to show up at all hours of the day anymore. They would usually come during David's nap and bang hammers right under his room! That was/is quite stressful for me...

10 comments:

Tara said...

Those are great wallpaper choices. I thought the stone was real and I really like the beer labels. Evan and I can't wait for Sunday. See you then!

Caron said...

Looks great Andrea! You'll love having it finished. Michael is leaving for the game at two today, then first thing tomorrow it's off to his trip. Do ya think he'd miss a game? HA! Enjoy your day and David's party tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Beer labels rock my world, natch. ;) I can't wait to see you and Tara tomorrow too. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that. Cami is over here messin' with my blog. she won't crash your party she swears. I like the beer labels too, girl.

MBKimmy said...

Love the room ... Good luck for the game! Go Gamecocks!

MBKimmy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris said...

Happy Birthday David! Have a great party. The room looks awesome and the wallpaper is very cool!

Andrea said...

Sorry Kimmy-I'll let you root for another team on my blog, but there will be no rubbing losses in our face! I'll give you this much though-we played horribly and y'all won fair and square.

MBKimmy said...

hope your son's Birthday party is a blast! Have fun and eat some cake for me!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

A while back I started brewing my own traditional english ale, I have really started getting into it and now actually sell my wine to friends and family. I wanted to add that extra touch to my beer so I designed my own beer labels and had them printed by a british labels company who did a excellent job. It has made my beer bottles look really great!