Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thanks Laura Jane!

I got a package in the mail today from my good friend Laura Jane. I just love getting good stuff in the mail! Here is what she sent...

A book written by an author local to her area. She has heard good things about it, but has not read it yet. She is on a wait list to get it for herself, and yet she bought one for me, AND...
..she even got it autographed! I tell ya, that Laura Jane is selfless.
How neat is this? I always had a hard time with these name poem/acronyms in school because of the two A's.
Personalized bookmarks. Something I would never do, or buy for myself. She put so much time and thoughtfulness into these gifts.
Dear Laura,
Thank you so much for my birthday package-who cares if its belated when the gifts are so heartfelt? I am very much looking forward to reading the book as I think highly of any recommendation you give. It is always so special to own a book signed by the author-thanks so much for taking the time to do that. I'm so flattered by six compliments for each letter of my name. I truly hope I can live up to those standards. I have to admit that I must not be very astute, because I had to look up what altruistic means ; ) The bookmarks are really fun-I just love anything personalized. I've been so blessed to have met you and kept in touch with you all of these years. Thank you for your constant and unconditional friendship-it means more than you'll ever know.
Love always,
Andrea

6 comments:

Tara said...

Those are such sweet, thoughtful gifts. I wish I was a good gift giver.

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet. I will second Tara...I wish I was a good gift giver.

Anonymous said...

love it all. very cool of her. i concur on the name adjectives. i think you all those things too, girl. :)

Melanie said...

I just love thoughtful gifts like that. My cuz Bethie is a really good thoughtful gift giver too! You will have to let us know about the book. I love a good book!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked it! :o) Don't make yourself finish the book if it's not good -- I know your time is limited and there are too many good books out there to waste time a bad one. If you do like it, we can write back and forth about it when my library hold on it kicks in! :o)

You are already all those traits on the bookmarks by the way -- you don't have to *try* to be any of those things.

And I'm sorry it was so belated! My perfectionism kicked in, and I was trying to make you something else to go with it, and just never got it quite right. Maybe for Christmas!!

Chris said...

How sweet! Couldn't have come at a better time for you either. Hope you're hanging in there with everything going on.