Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Birthday Activities

I had a wonderful day yesterday. My birthday always used to fall on the first day/week of school, so I never really got to do anything special on the actual day until just recently. These past few years have been some of my best birthdays ever. Yesterday, my sister and I left the kids with our respective mother-in-laws for a fun girls day out. First we went to kidsignments and I got to see Caron!
Just like old times.

Lara and I getting ready to shop.In the end I only found one jacket, one vest, two shirts, a movie, and a book. I can't complain though- as the younger sister I've been blessed with lots hand me downs. We ate Chick-fil-A waiting in line to check out and Bruster's ice cream just before we left. After calling home to check on the kids we decided we had enough time to get a pedicure before going home. It was just what we needed after standing in line so long! Then we headed to Pat's house for an impromptu family dinner of pizza and cake. As always the kids were competing for Papa John's attention. Here he is giving "horseback" rides.


Flowers from Jason.

I really couldn't have asked for a better day. A special thanks to Pat and Deanna for babysitting the kids. Also, thank you to all my family for sharing the day with me-it was a real treat. Last but not least-thanks for all the well wishes friends and blogger buds!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful, Andrea. That shirt really brings out your pretty eyes. I am so glad you had a great birthday. sounds like it was a blast. and i love the pics of Papa John with his grandsons. ben and david look like they have a blast with them. :)

Tara said...

Those are wonderful pictures. You really are photogenic. Glad you found a few good things. I'll leave all that consignment to everyone else and wait for the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale next month...now that's my thing. Glad you had a good family-filled birthday.

Chris said...

Yes, I agree with the other girls you are truly photogenic. Caron looks great too. I was looking at name tags hoping I would run into her but didn't. I can't believe you had that much self control. You should see all the stuff I bought! I'll have to do a "loot" post!

Katy S. said...

Happy birthday! Don't you love a say of shopping, ice cream and a pedi!!

Anonymous said...

I have that same shirt Andrea! I am gald that you had such a great birthday. It sounded like a great day! I love your old pic. You both look pretty much the same. All of you girls have fabulous hair by the way!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great day. Shopping, lunch, pedicure, and then you did not have to cook dinner. Who could ask for more??