Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Easy As Pie

If you're like me on days like today (when the heat index is 105 degrees) you would gladly skip a meal for a cool treat. I thought I'd share one of my favorite recipe's that I got from our neighbors/friends in Statesboro. (Whenever I think its hot here I just remind myself that it could be worse-I could be back in south Georgia where on any given day its 10 degrees hotter than it is here.) Let me just tell you that the phrase "easy as pie" was invented for this pie. There is no cooking or baking involved...just mix and freeze.

Lemonade Pie aka Lemon Ice Box Pie
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
6 oz can frozen lemonade (thawed)
8 oz carton cool whip (tastes just as good with lite cool whip)
Combine and mix all ingredients. Do not beat. Place in graham cracker pie shell. Freeze.

9 comments:

Chris said...

YUM...that sounds great! I think I'll try that one of these weekends here soon. I'll try it with the lite cool whip!

Anonymous said...

you forgot the most important ingredient, my friend. a cup and a half of tequila! woohoooooooooo!!! gives it that extra little kick, if ya know what i mean. :)
sounds yummy. i think even i could make this pie. i'll try it out and tell ya!

Anonymous said...

YUM-O! My mom makes that pie and it Rocks!

Bethany said...

Can't wait to try the pie. I"m always looking for easy recipes. WE should all blog recipes one day!!

Tara said...

If it wasn't so hot, I would go up to Kroger now and buy the frozen lemonade. I have everything else. I'll probably go get it tonight because that sounds really good!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing I am always looking for quick and easy recipes. Looks great.

Amanda said...

YUMM-O -- I love this pie. Tim's family introduced it to me! I would KILL for a slice right now! :) I might have to make a run to the grocery store after our school Stevi B's night! :)

Becky said...

I think I'll make the pie and then just put it on my neck.

All My Love said...

ummmm...I'm gonna make this! It sounds yummy and EASY.