Sunday, August 12, 2007

Another Weekend Gone

Well it was crazy busy weekend for me. Saturday night was my 10 year high school reunion. I wasn't planning on going, but earlier this week the plans we had for Saturday got cancelled, so I went. If there is one thing I regret about that night...its wearing that dress! I really, really, really don't like the way it looks on me after seeing myself in pictures. My mirror at home lied to me before we left. I know we are all very critical of our own pictures, but if you compare them to the ones of me today I know you'll agree.
Today, my blogger buds Katie and Becky, and I went to a baby shower for a friend whom I've spoken of before named Jessica. Here are the pictures from both events...

Jason and I (Is it just me or do I look pregnant? I'm not by the way ; )

Here is a picture me and some of my best friends before a football game circa 1997 (note-Jeanine-2nd from left, and Kim-far right-I'm the one in the middle).

Jeanine, Me, and Kim 2007 (we all still keep in touch). We missed you Kelly D., Becky, Kelly P., and Caron!
Dallas and me in 1994 sitting on top of my sister's car that would eventually become mine.

Me and Dallas 2007-it was the highlight of my evening seeing her again y'all. We were inseparable for a few years there. She now lives in Oklahoma (her husband who also graduated with us is a marine) and I found out she is a stays at home (just like me!) with her 18 month old daughter. I am so excited I got her contact information so we can reconnect.
On to Jessica's baby shower. Y'all she is due in September-I feel for her in this heat- and I can really relate as David's birthday is also in September. Jessica and I share a love of Georgia football-we've both got season tickets-she says she is at least going to make it to the first game this year.
Jessica with a "Little Dawg Sleeping" door hanger.
The grandmothers-to-be. Y'all should recognize her mom on the left-that's Carol, David's godmother.

Me, Becky, and Katie-now see don't I look much better in this picture?

Katie and her "Ma" Chris, Becky and her mom Gloria, Me and my mother in law Pat, Jessica and her mom Carol. The four mom's are friends, and the four daughters are friends. Isn't that cute?

Now Jessica-David was born during the Georgia vs. South Carolina Game 2005...so watch out on September 8th, okay? You may not want to go to that game...

8 comments:

Tara said...

Great pictures. Your dress looks good on you, in my opinion. Glad you had a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

um, girl, you look like a total BABE in that dress!! are you kidding me?! pregnant!? girl, what choo be smokin'? you looked hot as fire in the dress. you owned it. :)

i had a blast with you at the shower. i loved when you were telling us about your birth story and how the hospital sent you home and then you go, "well, screw you!" ha! that was classic! good times!

Caron said...

I'm glad you went Andrea! Thanks for the blog update! Maybe I'll make the 20th reunion...HA!! Is there a way that you could make all the pics enlarge when I click them? I'd love to see faces closer. You'll have to e-mail me with updates!!!

Oh, and I like the dress!!!!

Andrea said...

Katie-I was mortified when that came out of my mouth, but that is truly how I felt at the time.

Caron-I have no idea why but some of the pictures you can double click and they will enlarge and some won't. Wish I knew how to fix that.

Becky said...

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when you said that in front of the Sisters of P D & G!!! Stick it to 'em, I say!

You look fab in both pics, girl! I'm glad you re-connected with your friend. I got all wistful for high school this weekend after seeing Jess and Missy and then Katie's pics of Brian's wedding. Sigh. Makes me miss the good old days. But I'm 30 now and I gotta own it! OWN IT!!!!

Amanda said...

Girl you look as gorgeous as ever! I LOVE the dress! It is fabulous!!! Miss you much! Can't believe how big our boys are getting!!!

Chris said...

I really like that dress too. You looked great! Glad you made it to your reunion and had a good time.

Anonymous said...

andrea!!! i can't believe that pic of us sitting on lara's car! we were so goofy. ;-) i just sent you a real e-mail, but thought i'd take a peek at your blog. it was great to see you again on saturday. it brought back so many memories- we were quite inseparable.