Sunday, February 25, 2007

Kristin's Baby Shower

Kristin, the mommy to...

a baby girl...

...or a baby boy?


Presents Galore!


The two grandma's

The two hostesses

Kristin and Me, er, I

My Loot!


Jason and David had some good father/son time together today so I could go to Kristin's baby shower. Rebecca and Julie hosted a wonderful party and I really learned a lot from watching them work. We played the usual can't say the words "baby" and "cute" game and "baby price is right" which I won (well I tied with two other ladies). I got to take home some comfy sock/slippers. Everyone got a koozie and a candy bag. I have to say one of my favorite things about this shower was by request from Kristin herself. Instead of buying a card, we were all to buy our favorite children's book and sign it. Kristin only has 7 more weeks until her due date-April 19th. Any bets on the sex?

*In other related news, I just found out that Jessica (who occasionally checks this blog) is pregnant and due September 20th! Congratulations! You too Carol, I know you're excited about being a grandma!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey, looks like some potential customers for me! Hahahahaha....just kidding.

David will have so many buddies; isn't that exciting?!

Becky said...

Congrats to Kristin! You just BLEW ME AWAY with that news about Jess!!!!!!!!!

Tara said...

I love the idea of the books instead of the cards. That looks like a great shower.

Anonymous said...

hey- didn't i go to preschool with her? haha! congrats to you Kristin! i say BOY! and oh my gosh about jess! i am beyond thrilled for Carol and for jessica! oh, that news made my day!

Anonymous said...

but, like isn't a children's book like twice the cost or more of a card!? haha! i know, i'm total debbie downer. always pinchin' my pennies! no, seriously, that is a cute idea. as a teacher i strongly recommend books and like, you know, reading and shizz like that. it's all like real good for your kid and all. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea! Thanks for the shout-out! Andy and I are very excited! It was a weight off of our shoulders to finally tell his family and some of our friends yesterday - it was a really big secret to keep. And, FINALLY my mom can quit hounding me about a grandchild...for now, anyway!

Amanda said...

The baby shower looked like a lot of fun! Congrats on the loot! I'm going to guess she is having a boy also. That was a really cool idea about children's books...I'll have to remember that one for when I start throwing baby showers. How are you doing??? We totally should do lunch sometime soon!

Andrea said...

Yay, thanks for the comment Jessica. How have you been feeling? Hungry/tired? Its time for you to start blogging!

Becky said...

HA! That's what I told her, but I don't think we're going to get that lucky!

Bethany said...

Babies, Babies, everywhere! God is great to keep showering us all with such wonderful gifts!!!