Wednesday, February 07, 2007

El Pollo

David's favorite book is still The Animals of Farmer Jones. We read it at least two times a day. I believe this is the reason David says "cluck, cluck, yum, yum" when you tell him he is/will be eating chicken. Remind anyone of that barnyard song Phoebe sings on Friends? Yeah, me too.

Footnote
Q: How does a perfectly good walk on a beautiful 65 degree day in February get ruined?
A: Neighboring Farmers fertilized their field today with chicken manure. Cluck, cluck, yuck, yuck.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Patrick's fave used to be "Oh the Wonderful Sounds Mr. Brown Can Do!" I haven't read it to him in two years but I still know it by heart :(

Anonymous said...

i loved Phoebe's song. a classic! i think it's great that you read to david so much. he's gonna be one smart little boy. Joe's fave book right now is "the dino book". but all he wants to do is look at the pictures. he gets annoyed if i read it to him!

Amanda said...

You all amaze me with your Friends references. I can never remember saying/episodes from any show. Rosie is unbelievable in that she recalls stuff from everything she's ever seen. I could watch a movie and if you asked me for any phrases, I'd shrug and say, "I dunno."

My boys get in a hurry when they're reading. They don't like to stay on one page too long so I can describe the pictures or read the words. They feel as if they must read 20 books/10 minutes.

Tara said...

I will learn the lesson of reading to Evan from reading your blog. Nice chicken tie in to the walk.