Sunday, August 13, 2006

David's 6th Haircut!

Oma is getting ready to cut as Papa John stands by...

what are you doing back there Oma???

Daddy holds David's head as he eats a fruit puff for distraction...

close your eyes David we don't want any hair in there...


that tickles!!!!

We started out the day with our prayer goup. (Mama forgot her camera or else you'd be looking at pictures of the yummy food we ate, our wonderful friends, and cute kids playing together). Afterwards we stopped in for a visit with Oma and Papa John. It was time for David to have another haircut (he has had five already, most of which I did myself...not an easy task as you can tell by pictures 2 and 3). Oma used to cut mama's and aunt Lara's hair so well when we were little I thought it might be nice for her to do it. Lucky for me she was up for the challenge! Also lucky for me Papa John let us borrow his camera and spent a good amount of time making sure I would have these pictures for this blog tonight...thanks Dad! Next we went to Granny's house to visit her and Godmother Carol. Again I would have pictures of that too if only I had remembered my camera! Such is life...

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Too cute!!! I can't believe you get him to sit still. Oh, I long for the day I can write about Olivia's sixth hair cut....she'll be six before that Happens!!!

Becky said...

I cannot believe he sat so still! I wish I had pictures of Patrick's first cut--but I would need 10,000 speed film!

I am putting off Ben's because he has the beginnings of CURLS!!!! (someday he will kill me for writing that)

Andrea said...

Becky-you're back! I'm so glad. David had the beginnings of curls too, but I was not a fan. He didn't sit all that still but he sure did better for my mom than he does for me!

Amanda said...

How precious!!! I can't even begin to imagine Davis cooperating that well for his first haircut! Way to go David and Oma!