Friday, August 04, 2006

"Had a Hard Day. Mama Too."

My sister Lara, nephew Ben, and brother-in-law Drew


Instead of talking about my hard day, I decided to tell you a cute story about my nephew Ben (Andrew Bennett). He amazes me with how intelligent he is both conversationally and emotionally. One day Drew took on an extra project at work. That evening he had to work past Ben's bed time. As Lara was getting Ben ready for bed, he asked if daddy was coming home soon. Lara explained that he had to work late and Ben wouldn't get to see him until the following morning. Ben sighed and replied "Had a hard day. Mama too." He knew that Drew had a hard day at work, but also sensed that my sister also had a hard day taking care of him since she didn't have Drew's help! There is much more where that came from...

1 comments:

Bethany said...

That's such a sweet story. I can't wait to hear more. Your sister looks great. I hope that she's not been sick or anything.