Thursday, August 31, 2006

TV Can Be Educational!


Our morning routine goes like this: David eats and then he plays for awhile and gets himself good and worn out. Then I let him watch a DVD or a TV show to help him to wind down before we read a book and he goes down for a nap. This morning I was in the other room doing some chores when I heard David clapping. He knows how to clap but this time he was interacting with one of his favorite shows, "Blue's Clues". I thought it was so cute that I hit the skip back button (love our digital video recorder) to watch him do it again. This time David started clapping when Joe told the kids to clap, before he saw Joe himself clapping. I didn't know he could do it on command! When the show was over I decided to test his knowledge one more time. I asked him to clap his hands and he did it!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I think Blue's Clues and Dora are two of the best shows for kids. Oh, and now we watch the Berenstain Bears - teaches togetherness, manners, and consideration.

Andrea said...

What channel does that come on?

Amanda said...

We get it on our local PBS channel. Curious George premieres Monday...not sure if that will be something I'm thrilled about. (No lesson in that I'm sure plus his antics may encourage my boys!)

Becky said...

Yay David! I love Blue's Clues...so much quieter than screechy Dora! And Joe is the best...so much cooler than Steve!

Andrea said...

Sorry Becky, Like Katie I actually like Steve better. Katie about the TV-you know I'd much rather have a normal sized TV in a nice armoir-look at all that wasted space above it! Men and their toys...

Anonymous said...

Blue's Clues rules!! We have like 25 stored on our DVR. Now the question is do you prefer Steve or Joe? Drew and I like Joe.