Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Food Fights

My nephew Ben loves to eat. Occasionally when he is finished with the food on his plate, he tries to take food off his mom's or dad's plate. One time he started to take food off of my sister's plate without asking and Lara corrected him. She said "Ben, its not nice to take people's food off their plates without asking. You need to say 'please can I have some of your food', sometimes they will say yes, and sometimes they will say no." Ben responded "And sometimes Ben will cry for it if they say no." He also tried a pretty clever trick the other day. My dad offered him a popsicle and gave him a choice of flavors. He picked one and ate every last bite. Then he said "Ben didn't like that one, Ben wants to try another one."

David likes to eat too, but most of the time he would rather play. Mealtime here can be best descibed using a few words of a song called "Airplane of Food" by Justin Roberts: "... please go ahh, please go ahh, pretty, pretty please go ahh...I can tell by the way you make that face, you're not in the mood, but won't you eat a little bit, eat a little bit, eat a little bit of this airplane of food."

2 comments:

Tara said...

I am really looking forward to being a mom. I love reading about the different things children do.

Becky said...

My Ben loves to eat, too.

Tara..want a good eater? Name him Ben!