Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My First Born Survey

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Yes.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Is that two lines? I can't tell. One looks darker than the other.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
Um, we just donated a boat to a pro-life organization. What do you think?

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
25 at conception/26 at delivery.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Home test.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Jason.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Yes.

9. DUE DATE?
September 4.

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
No.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Sweets, mostly chocolate.

12. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
People who would ask me when I was due, after my due date.

13. SEX OF CHILD?
Boy.

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Nope, I actually wanted a boy.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
40+ (can't remember nore I care to know the exact number).

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes, 2.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
None.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Newton Medical Center.

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
31

21. WHO DROVE YOU THE THE HOSPITAL?
Jason, twice. They wouldn't let me stay the first time because I wasn't "progressing fast enough". I was their only patient at the time. Drove 30+ miles home (at 2 am), screamed my head off for awhile, and drove back shortly thereafter.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Jason.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Natural.

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Yes, finally after 12 hrs of labor (I would have had it sooner if they had let me).

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
7 lbs 4.5 oz

26. DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
He had to spend the first night in the nursery because they thought he might have meconium aspiration.

27. WHAT DAY WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ON?
September 10.

28. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
David Carlton.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you didn't have any complications. Shame you had to drive up there 2 times, though. Sheesh!

Tara said...

I can't imagine you screaming, you are so even tempered..but I would understand if they sent you back home. I'm glad David is here today and glad you did the survey too!

Andrea said...

Whitney-I didn't have any complications during the pregnancy but I did have some after I gave birth. It does not compare to Katie's story though. It only took one surgery and I was healed completely 4 months later.

Tara-I think that is actually part of the reason they sent me home! I was really, really, trying not to be one of "those women" you see on A Baby Story so I didn't do any screaming at the hospital(but I did in the car and at home). Since my mom is a nurse I was really trying to be a low-maintenance patient-uh what was I thinking? I tried to be calm and ended up masking how much pain I was really in. I learned my lesson!

Amanda said...

31 hrs? Oooooouch. When you're in labor, don't you wonder how anyone goes through it again?!

Then you see that sweet face and the emotions change.

(I had Gage with no pain meds though and it took me 2 yrs to finally "forget" the pain. I describe it as feeling like someone lit you on fire.)

Amanda said...

Oh, is David Carlton a family name? I love classic names like that!

Becky said...

Haha! Those lines on the EPT never look like the ones on TV!! With Ben, I used a Dollar Store test and it worked just as well!

I had the same thing as you, with the progressing. But my doctor was the dad of one of my students and I told him I WAS NOT GOING BACK HOME. So he let me stay.

Anonymous said...

girl- i think I was one of those annoying people calling you up, wnating to know if you'd had that baby yet!!! hahaha!! true dat!

Andrea said...

Katie-gurrl I didn't mind my friends calling-it was those random people on the street who would ask me.

Becky-yep I actually threw the test away. Then when Jason came home from work I took a digital test after we both decided it kinda looked like two lines.

Amanda-yep, I remember telling Jason when I was in labor "I don't know how anyone does this more than once knowing what it feels like". I still remember the pain, but I would do it again in a heartbeat! Carlton was his granpa's middle name as well. We wanted to incorporate Dan's name in there somehow, but Jason thought it would be too weird to call his son by his dad's name.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i know. i was JOKING. :)