Friday, March 30, 2007

New Ticker, But No Disrespect

As you may have noticed I put up a ticker above my links. Please understand that it is not intended to disrespect the men and women who have died serving our country. It is just meant to make people think. Think about the sheer volume of that number, which continues to climb each day. Think about the fact that the children who have been aborted never had the chance to grow up, join the military, and fight for what they believe in. I think Mother Theresa said it best...

"I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself. And if we can accept that a mother can kill her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another?"

5 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad you put it up...people need to know. No one hears the pain of those children, and they don't have mothers who will fight for their cause like those who's lives have been lost in the line of duty. Mother Theresa was never the biological definition of a mother, but she still represented it well.

Andrea said...

Well said Becky. She was a wonderful mother, even though she never had any biological children of her own.

Anonymous said...

You go, girls! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea,

I'm glad you put up the ticker. I think it makes a powerful statement that the war on terror isn't the only war we're in the midst of these days.

Katy S. said...

I am glad you put it up,