Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Sentimental Goodbye





It turns out I didn't need a super bowl commercial, or divine intervention to get rid of the 1969 Super Skeeter. Tomorrow the boat will be picked up, sold by a third party, and the proceeds will be donated to American Life League. I have to admit I am a little sentimental about it leaving, not because of the boat itself, but because of who it originally belonged to. I know Jason had many memories fishing with his dad on this boat, and I am sad that David will never get to experience a fishing trip with his grandpa. However, his legacy lives on in his son, and I pray they have the kind of bond Dan and Jason did.

Don't worry...our boat garage won't be empty for long...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh, that was very sweet what you wrote, andrea. i have no doubt that dan is watching over david from heaven, laughing at all the funny cute things he does everyday. and how proud he is of his son and daughter-in-law!
happy 18 months to David! i know it was yesterday the 10th!

Becky said...

Oh how I wish the American Life League would organize a clandestine mission to come and take OUR boat in the dead of night to sell for charity!!! I wouldn't even collect insurance money! Having the boat gone would be reward enough!!

Anonymous said...

Aw - sounds bittersweet...love that you donated the money from it to ALL. :)

Amanda said...

This post had me all teary-eyed and it's about a boat...what's wrong with me? It's hard to think of things that will never be.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tara said...

That's nice of you and "God" to donate the boat. Very sweet post!

Bethany said...

Memories are always the hardest things to let go of but the easiest things to hang on to!! I'm sure that many more will be made by father and son in what's soon to sit in your garage!

Amanda said...

Farewell sweet super skeeter boat! I knew thee well (er, not really...I think I saw it once). That was really sweet about Uncle Dan. I know that David and Jason are going to make many fond memories in their own way.