Monday, March 05, 2007

Patrick's Party

Katie and Luke gettin' the party started. Katie is so happy because she learned she can tolerate hot dogs as long as they are grilled. What??? Her dad was a professional baseball player and this is the first time she's ever had a grilled hot dog??? Katie, you got some explaining to do.

"Ma" and Patrick

Patrick can hardly hold in his excitement...

...over his special birthday party visit from the fire department!


He's a natural. When asked if he wanted to drive or be in charge, he said "Be in charge". Smart kid.

Becky with barely enough breathing room!


I'm back home blogger buds! Saturday I rode with Katie and Joe to Becky's house for her son Patrick's 4th birthday party. Becky and Luke pulled out all the stops! It was a firefighter themed party and the local fire department came by and let all the kids get in the truck. I'm tellin' ya that was pretty special because in my neck of the woods all we have is a volunteer fire department-they don't have a"real" fire truck and most of them just have sirens attached to their own personal vehicles. Note: this does not make me feel very safe. Anyway, you can see Patrick was in heaven and will surely remember this for years to come. You can read more about this event and see more pictures here, here, and here. Thanks again for having me Becky, I really enjoyed it!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! your pictures are awesome! yes, it's true, even when my ole Pops played b-ball, i did not want to eat the dogs. couldn't shouldn't. wouldn't. i ate lots o'pretzels and popcorn at all those games though!;)
thanks again for coming with me! lots o'fun, girl!

Anonymous said...

actually, i just remembered this. there is one and ONLY one type of dog i would eat as a kid,very rarely, but i believe it happened once or twice. it was a Kowalsky hotdog. and if you can't tell by the name, it's a Polish hotdog. my grannie would send them down from Michigan..they had a thick skin and were very crunchy. ooh, i think i just ralphed in my mouth typing that.

Becky said...

Yes, Katie, that is absolutely disgusting. I would prefer a soft, boiled hotdog to that any day.

Anyhoo, I can't see the last 3 pics (weird, but I'm sure they will come up eventually), but the other ones are great! I am going to download them now!

Becky said...

Okay, now I see them and they are all fantastic! Thanks, girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Katie is a hoot! :)

Amanda said...

Patrick is so cute! He is beaming in these photos...you got some great shots, Andrea.

Yuck - crunchy hot dogs. I'll pick Oscar any day.

Tara said...

Great to see the party from everyone's point of view. You did a very good job on the pictures.

Becky said...

Andrea--what do the volunteers use to put out a fire? Do they each just balance a bucket of water on their laps while they're driving?

Andrea said...

Becky-yeah I'm gonna have to reasearch that and get back you, but that sounds about right!

Amanda said...

Ok - so where is David in all this action!?!

Andrea said...

David was at Oma and Pop's house having a grand ole time!

Bethany said...

That was a great birthday party!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Great that the FD was able to come out too! That shows a real commitment to the community.