Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Room to Spare: Advantages and Disadvantages

I can see this picture going in David's high school yearbook, right next to a picture of him when he turns 16 and finally gets to drive a real car.

Papa John shows David the ropes. Yes, that is another boat in the background, but no its not ours. Its Jason's cousin's-we are storing it for him (the disadvantage of having room to spare).

I remember how much I really, really, really wanted one of these motorized cars when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure it was a jeep too, just the pink barbie version. I never had one but I turned out just fine. Heck, I might even be a better person today because I didn't have one! I try so hard not to spoil David, but when things are free you've gotta take 'em, right? My Dad has a friend whose grandchildren grew out of this "toy". He offered it to my dad who knew his 3 grandsons would certainly make good use out of it. We have a place to store it so by default it stays with us (the advantage of having room to spare). Just one more reason my blogging gals have got to have a play date here soon!

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Totally cool!!! We wanted to get Olivia one of those, but we're not sure she's ready. I wanted one too, and my sister had one. I hope David likes it!!!

Anonymous said...

man, i wouldn't mind taking a few spins in that jeep myself. that thing is way cool and it looks brand new to me! yeah, and trust me, Joe would love it! :)
and my momma wouldn't buy me one when i was a kid and i am quite sure that is why i turned out the way i did and am still in therapy to this day. hehe.:)

Becky said...

Oy...we have too many "free" toys too. It's getting to the point where there's nothing left to buy for birthday and Christmas. But that's a rant for another day. I hope David enjoys his new Jeep! It is very cool!

Amanda said...

I LOVE it! How FUN! You always come across the BEST deals! Davis would LOVE to take a spin in that bad boy!

Anonymous said...

I love it! My neice had a Barbie corvette. I wish Morgan & Livi had one to share and play with. You are lucky to have a bunch of room to store stuff....I have no room!

Tara said...

How fun@ David and his cousins are going to have a great time in that jeep.

I'm glad I don't have a lot of room to store stuff. I just finished throwing out a ton when family came to town last week.

Amanda said...

Aw, David looks adorable next to that jeep. I think I also wanted a Barbie convertible in pink when I was little...alas:)